Chapter Six: Chemistry

.:Chapter Six: Chemistry:.

You say you hate Mondays?

I only have two words to say to that.

Fuck you.

Mondays are the start of a new week, a fresh start from the week before, and in all honesty, that is exactly what I need. A brand new start. A guy can only take so much drama before he ends up cussing at the teachers and getting sent to the principals office. Which is where I am now currently located in. And mind you, it wasn't for cussing at my first period teacher, Mr. Lexus, but for something else entirely.

"Now, Mr. Horan, would you like to explain to me why you were kicked out of Chemistry class, and not to mention so early in the day?" Simon, the principal, asks with smirk.

I scowl at him, asshole. He thinks he knows everything that goes on in this building. Hah! Bet he doesn't know that Josh and Demi had sex in the bathroom near his office. And trust me, they were loud as fuck. I'm surprised no one else heard. Unfortunately I did, only because I had to deliver some paper and was walking by. I do love me some nice blackmail material though.

"You want to know why?" I ask in return, and smirk right back him only to have him roll his eyes at my action. "Well, you see Simon-"

He clears his throat loudly with an angry expression plastered on his face. "I prefer Mr. Cowell."

"Well, I prefer Niall, but since you won't call me that no matter how many times I tell you, then I have the right to call you Simon." I snap at him.

It's true though, this isn't the first time I've been here. I'm here, usually about twice or thrice a month, thanks to Louis and Harry. They always play some stupid prank on a student, and as always, I have to lie so they won't get in trouble. That should be some kind of wake up call, telling them to stop the nonsense, but no, they just continue with the pranks.

"Alright Niall, explain what happened." Simon says looking pissed. God, he's such an emotional prick.

Okay, so maybe I'm the one with problems here, but honestly, I have a right to.

"I don't like Liam Payne."

Damn that fucker. I had completely forgotten he was enrolled at my school. But does Life hate me so much as to have him be my partner for chemistry?

"Ah, I see. So because of your dislike toward our new student, you decided to . . ." he motions with his hands to finish his sentence, no longer pissed but somewhat concerned.

I shrug as I recall the events of the past ten minutes, not bothered by the fact that I could be suspended for a few days. Hey, better for me. "I yelled at him and punched him." I may have punched him, but I'm pretty sure I'm the one who ended up with a bruise rather than him. His skin is not only ice cold but rock hard. What the fuck does he take? Vitamins?

Simon, as if I'm going to call him Mr. Cowell in my thoughts, jots down some notes on his pad and then asks without raising his head "Where?"

"The face, but he's not hurt or anything. Trust me, I didn't hit him hard enough to break his jaw."

"I'm sure that's why he's not hurt." I hear him mutter sarcastically and my anger spikes once again. Yeah, I know I'm not the freaking strongest guy out there but I can pack a punch.

"Can I go now?" I ask before he decides to start lecturing me on boxing and how it can improve my muscles or whatever. I really do not want to go through that.

He shakes his head and I exhale annoyed. "You still need to be punished. So you have two options: either be Ms. Peazer's assistant or be suspended for a week. Your call, Niall."

So I can choose my punishment? Great, I'll take the easy way out. Not that Ms. Peazer isn't a great teacher but I'd rather sit at home being a lazy-ass than grade papers. Sleep, eat, and repeat.

"I'll take suspension." I answer him.

He frowns, clearly surprised by my choice. "You sure? It'll go in your record." As if I haven't thought about that.

I stand up and sigh in relief when my bones pop. "I am completely sure. Now, can I go?"

"I guess so, but you have to apologize to Liam first, then you can go get your stuff and go home." Simon states going back to his disinterested demeanor.

I cringe at the thought of apologizing to Liam in front of the class but if I want to go home then I guess it's worth it. "Got it. See you in a week Mr. Cowell."

"Oh and Niall?"

I turn around and raise my eyebrow in question. "Yes?"

He chuckles as if thinking of something funny before replying, "Make sure to let Louis and Harry know you won't be here to defend them for a week."

I grin, ah yes, the students can finally have some kind of break from the brothers. "Yes sir."

* * *

Okay, so maybe I didn't apologize to Liam like I was supposed to but I have a perfectly good reason.

I chickened out.

I admit it, I was scared he would beat the hell out of me if I entered the classroom, so I did the only thing I could think of.

I ran.

I ran straight home, and once I got home, I went inside and locked the door. Then made myself some spaghetti, and plopped myself down on the couch. I've been doing nothing for hours, other than watching MARVEL movies over again, when my phone lit up.

A text message.

I frown and sit up straight, food partially forgotten, and look at the screen. It's from an unknown number. Who could it be? My friends don't give out my number to just anyone. I certainly don't. Which leaves only Louis or Harry. They would do it, but to whom?

Unknown Number: Do you like Harry?

Wow. This person must really like grammar, but who is it? Then it dawns on me. I'm so slow. I add him to my contacts so I won't get a surprise like this again.

Niall: wat da hell u want liam?

Liam: Just wanting to know if you like Harry or not.

Niall: its nn of ur dam busines

Liam: Yes or no?

Niall: ur nvr gona give up til i anser r u?

Liam: Nope

Liam: So . . . Do you like him?

I know this is wrong, and completely idiotic of me, but it's too late now.

Niall: Yes, i do lk harry

___________________________________________________________

May I just say, that it killed me to write in text format for Niall. Yes, I do use good grammar and punctuation when I text. Sue me.