Prologue

Loud screams could be heard through the walls of the Japanese hospital, all coming from one single room. Room 156. 

The agonised screams shattered it's way through every door, every window, so that even people just passing by the building could hear it. It was 5:00 in the morning by now, but nobody could possibly expect to get any further sleep tonight.

No one inside the hospital was panicked, so nobody ran to see what the noise was for, or what was happening, everyone knew. 

Room 156 was the delivery room. 

The young woman who had arrived at the hospital at 2:00 a.m. had only gone into labour 20 minutes ago. She had claimed to have horrible pain in her stomach in the middle of the night, and no sooner had she been woken up, her water had broken. 

She then drove herself to the hospital, arriving at the front desk with a panicked expression. To make matters worse, all of the staff only spoke Japanese, and she had been too rushed and panicked to remember her Japanese, which was her 3rd langauge she had learned in order to communicate with residents of Japan. 

Eventually though, the nurses noticed her condition and wheeled her into the delivery room, where she waited 2 hours and 40 minutes before the labour proccess officially started.

She was now delivering a baby, the gender unknown to everyone. The woman had never come in to check.

Her agonised screams continued, until the pain died down, and the doctor announced a beautiful baby girl. 

The tiny infant was held in one of the nurse's arms, wrapped in a pink blanket. No sooner that the screams had stopped, crying began. 

They took the baby away to do some testing, leaving the woman alone in the delivery room to look back on everything that had happen. Rather than thinking, she sat impatient to see her new daughter. The whole time, wishing that the infant's father were here for supposrt, and here in general. 

A little while later, the nurses brought the baby back in, and placed her gently into her mother's arms. The new mother was overjoyed, looking down at her baby daughter with loving eyes, tears forming in the corners of her brown orbs. 

She settled down into the hospital bed, cuddling the infant to her chest, her curly brown hair cascading down the pillow she was leaning against. 

The infant had stopped crying by now, and was simply staring at her mother with dull, tired eyes. 

The one thing that the woman found unusual about her baby daughter was that her eyes were not the color they were supposed to be when they are first born. 

Blue. 

But hers were simply nothing but black. Unchanging, abnormal. 

Just Pure black. 

Her mother smiled. 

"Just like her father."