14

"No fucking way, man!" Gordie exclaimed. He was actually sitting with the guys at lunch that day.

Chris smirked and nodded in pride. "Oh, yes fucking way, Gordon. I almost got her bra off, but she was too scared we'd get caught."

Teddy and Vern exchanged impressed looks. Teddy let out a low whistle.

"Damn, Chris... Do you think she'd've let you pop her?" he asked.

Chris shrugged. "I dunno, man. I mean, I guess."

Vern let out a giggle, which earned looks of concern from the other guys. "Sorry, it's just... I heard she wasn't no cherry no more. You wouldn't be poppin' anything." He laughed a little more, as did Teddy and Gordie.

Chris just glared at them. "Shut up, fuckface. You don't know Lucille for shit, let alone whether she's done anything or not." With that, he got up and stormed away.

"Great going, Vern," Gordie scolded, shaking his head. "I'd heard the same thing, but how'd you like one of us talking about your girl like that?"

Vern hung his head in shame. "Yeah, that was real asshole of me, wasn't it?"

"It was a cocksucker move, Tessio, but, uh," Teddy tapped on Vern's shoulder and pointed across the cafeteria, "you're girlfriend's waving at you."

Vern looked over and waved back before turning back to the other two. "Cynthia wants me. I'll see you guys later. Oh, and Gordie, tell Chris I'm sorry, will you."

Gordie nodded. "Yeah, whatever, Vern."

"Thanks!" Vern called back as he ran over to Cynthia.

"What about you, Gordo?" Teddy asked. "You got yourself a girl yet?"

Gordie shrugged. "Nah. What about you?"

Teddy suddenly thought of Cecelia. "I-I just don't know right now."

Gordie looked confused. "So do you dig her, and she doesn't back? Or what?"

Teddy shrugged this time. "I just don't know. This whole girl business is confusing."

Gordie sighed and poked at his food with his fork. "You got that right."

Teddy wondered what Gordie was so upset about. Maybe he was jealous about the girl thing. Or maybe it was something completely different.

Teddy happened to glance around the cafeteria in this particularly awkward silence between him and his friend. He caught none other than Cecelia's gaze, as she walked towards him.
_____

"I'm going to talk with Vern," Cynthia stated out of nowhere, looking around for her boyfriend.

Cecelia and Agatha exchanged confused looks.

"Alright," Cecelia said, slowly.

"What do you need to talk to him about," Agatha questioned.

Cynthia sighed. "We've been going together for a couple weeks now, and we haven't even gone on our first date. I need to discuss this with him." She stood up and waved to who Cecelia guessed was Vern. "I'll see you girls later."

"Bye."

"See ya later, Cynth."

Cecelia turned to Agatha. "So... Do you like anybody?" She perched her head on the palms of her hands, in mock deep interest.

Agatha rolled her eyes and poked at her mashed potatoes. "Why does that matter?" Her bothered look turned into a sly smirk. "I'd rather talk about you and Teddy Duchamp."

Cecelia could feel the blush on her cheeks. "What do you mean?"

Agatha gave a little laugh. "Ha, what do you me- You know exactly what I mean! You get all red anytime you two are together, and he actually talks to you like you didn't piss in his cereal unlike how he talks to everyone else."

"Well, that's because everyone else makes a point to mention that his dad isn't in the best of conditions." Cecelia shifted awkwardly.

"Yeah, his dad's all sorts of crazy," Agatha replied, a little quieter than she had been speaking. "You've seen Teddy's ear."

Cecelia was suddenly outraged. "What the hell, Aggie? It's not like he can help either of those things. His dad has one of those disorders that a lot of soldiers get."

Agatha put her hands up on surrender. "Gee, sorry, Celia. I didn't mean to insult your future husband." She laughed.

Cecelia just shook her head and got up. "I'm not talking to you right now." She looked around until she found Teddy and began walking towards him.

He happened to look directly at her as she walked over to where he was sitting with Gordon Lachance. She smiled.

Woooo.... Stuff just got real! What's up w Chris and his girl? Or Gordie? Or anybody for that matter? Everybody's moody rn. Oh well! M'kay.

~Mariah