The Day Before The Dinner

KAZUMA'S POV

Cupid's letting me stay at her mansion while we find out where Mercy is. We've been watching her in a big white-clear snow globe. I can't believe she'd do this to me. I thought she loved me. It couldn't be fake could it? She's been acting like i've never been in her life. She loves Jake and I don't want to believe it.

"Kazuma" Cupid said walking into the room.

"Did you find anything?" I asked.

"Well we've known where she's been for 2 weeks and..." I cut her off.

"What!!!" I yelled. "I can't believe this!!!"

"Now Kazuma if you'd listen..."

"Why didn't you tell me!!!"

"Do you really think if we could go in and get her back so you could be together I would hold you back?" She asked.

"No" I mumbled.

"we can't go in and get her yet" She said.

"Why not?"

"Because they're about to change locations and I'm not allowed there"

Where are they? I asked.

Purgatory

What? When are they moving?

In a couple of days

Where are they moving to?

The underworld but only for a couple of hours

Hmmm

I can only be in the underworld for 30 minutes She frowned.

So whats the plan? I asked

MERCYS POV

I have been here for almost 5 weeks and were going to the underworld in a couple days. Ive worked up the courage to question Jake tonight. I just woke up this morning and Jake wasn't in bed. I went all over our room and nothing. I tried to open the door to the downstairs but he locked it. Why? I went to the kitchen and looked in the fridge. Blood bags. I took a big gulp and grabbed one. I opened it and smelled it. The deep scent of lead filled my nostrils. I bit my lip and used all my strength and will to close it. I put it back and sat at the dining table. I looked out the window. I felt arms snake around me and I jumped.

You startled me I said without turning around to look at him.

Did I? He said and started to kiss my neck.

Whats wrong? I asked. He stopped kissing me and let go of his grip. He sat behind me and turned my chair to face his. It screeched as it slid across the floor. Confusion was written all over his face.

Nothing He said with a frown. Why do you ask?

You usually don't do this. Were were you? I asked.

I had something to take care of He said without expression.

Of what? Im still not convinced. He sighed.

Of the transportation to the underworld and last minute dinner plans I sighed.

Ok I said while getting up from the chair. I looked at the fridge.

Why are there only blood bags un the fridge? I asked.

What? When was the last time you had blood? He asked concerned.

Um 1 month ago? I said.

I mean Human blood? I sighed.