Chapter 2

Riley's POV

I headed to school and parked my car. After switching off the ignition, I made sure I placed all my stuff in my bag before finally stepping out of the car. As I placed my shades on, I could hear a few people mumble whispers and stare as I walked by them while shrugging them off.

"Hey Riles!" I heard a familiar voice calling out to me and knew in an instant that it was my best friend Alexa. We've known each other from the moment we were born. Literally!

I was born at exactly 12 midnight and she was born at 2 in the morning. Apparently, our moms had the same room and got really close and so did we.

"Hey Alex!" I was really happy to see her again as we had a long vacation before that and we didn't have an opportunity to see each other until today. "You are not going to believe this! Did you hear that Danny Anderson aka bad boy and the most popular dude in school is going to try and find his Luna!" she exclaimed so loudly that practically everyone in the school parking lot might have heard us and began to eavesdrop as well.

"I got 3 words for you dude. I don't care." I said to her, uninterested. "You always say that, Riley!" she whined.

I shrugged her off and then I smelled a delicious scent that got my wolf, Layla, yelping and jumping for joy!

It smelled like the forest and a hint of rain.

It took me a while to figure out what she was saying, but I got it.

"Mate."