Chapter 17

*Bailey's point of view*

Boys are careless, good-for-nothing, assholes.

And by boys I mean Niall.

At about 12:30 I had decided that I was done waiting for his late ass to show up, so I went up to my room and locked the door behind me. I don't even really remember what I did. I just scrolled through twitter and wasted time, hoping the day would just end. Hoping this whole year would just end, because right now Senior year is shit.

I felt my phone vibrate against the side of my leg. I tried to ignore it, knowing exactly who it was, but after about the fourth vibration it was making me irritated. I realized I also had a missed call when I kept getting incoming texts from Niall. I didn't even read the messages, I simply told him to just go.

When I didn't get a reply I thought that maybe he had left. That thought made me happy and sad at the same time. Mostly relived though. 

About ten minutes later I heard someone try to open my bedroom door and when they realized that it was locked they lightly knocked. I didn't say anything, not wanting to deal with anyone right now.

"Honey, can you please open your door? You know how I your father and I feel about you locking it," my mother said lightly.

I rolled my eyes and got up from the bed. When I opened the door I stood there looking at my mom with great annoyance. She tried to smile.

"He's downstairs," She said.

"Well tell him to leave. I changed my mind, I don't want to go anymore," I was about to close the door when she blocked it with her hand and made her way into my room.

I just sighed and walked back over to my bed as I heard her quietly close the door behind her.

"Why have you changed your mind?" She asked crossing her arms over her chest.

I looked up at her, "He said he would be here an hour ago and he didn't bother to tell me that he would be late."

She laughed a little and shook her head.

"What?" I asked defensively.

"Do you know how many times your father has left me waiting for him? We starting dating when we were in college so we weren't much older than you. It's a boy thing, Hun. Now I'm not saying that it's okay, but what I am saying is that this boy is standing in our living room because he cares enough to still show up. Not many boys his age would do that."

I looked at my hands in my lap, "Yeah but still he could have said something."

"Maybe there is a valid reason why he's late," she suggested.

I looked back up at her confused. "Why are you sticking up for him?"

She sighed as her arm dropped back down to her side and she sat down next to me on my bed. "I understand that he isn't exactly what your father and I would hope for and I know that you know that. He's just different. It doesn't mean he isn't a nice boy. Bailey, if there is anything that I want to teach you in my life that is that you need to give people a chance. Plus, there is a teenage boy that wants to take you out so much that he is waiting for you downstairs. Just try. If it goes terribly then call me and I will pick you up."

I stood and hugged my mom, but I was still annoyed.

No one was on my side anymore. 

I grabbed my purse and flew down the stairs. When I entered the living room I saw Niall standing there. His hair was disheveled and he looked shocked to see me. I noticed that my dad was sitting on the couch and I tried not to think too much about what they had been talking about.