Chapter One - Part ll

Central Intelligence Agency

angley, Virginia

1 March 2020

      NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY EMERGENCY FLASH TRANSMISSION

      098831A-1

      ENCRYPTION CODE: RED

      IMMEDIANCE: SPARROW

      FROM: NSA/ESIGINT

      TO: CIA ALIEN INTELLIGENCE/CIA DIRECTOR

      SUBJECT: COLONIAL MASSACRE

      CLASSIFICATION: RESTRICTED

      REGARDING THE EVENTS OF 27 FEBRUARY 2020, FROM HERE OUT KNOWN AS COLONIAL MASSACRE, WHERE NEARLY 75,000 DRUIDTH CIVILIANS WERE KILLED: NSA ELECTRONIC SIGNALS INTELLIGENCE HAS DISCOVERED THAT AGENTS FROM THE ORGANIZATION KNOWN AS ‘GOD’S ARMY’ COORDINATED THEIR ATTACKS WITHIN THIRTY MINUTES OF EACH OTHER USING HUMAN COMMUNICATIONS SATELLITES WITH DRUIDTH COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT. ANY INTECEPTION OF SIGNALS WOULD HAVE BEEN ASSUMED TO BE DRUIDTH IN ORIGIN AND THUS DEEMED HARMLESS.

      FURTHERMORE, DRUIDTH DEEP SPACE COMMUNICATIONS HAVE BEEN DETECTED COMING FROM, AND GOING TO, THE DRUIDTH CAPTIAL SHIP SINCE THE EVENTS OF 27 FEBRUARY. UNFORTUNEATELY, SINCE THE SHIP ORBITS OUTSIDE OF OUR SATELLITE NETWORK, INTERCEPT WAS IMPOSSIBLE. AS OF THIS TIME COMMUNICATIONS HAVE CEASED AFTER THIRTY-FIVE HOURS PASSED SINCE FIRST MESSAGE.

      X X X X X X X X X X END TRANSMISSION X X X X X X X X X X

      The Director of Central Intelligence, William Lovett, laid the report on his desk and leaned back in his very expensive chair. Gazing up at the stucco ceiling tiles, he imagined that he could see through the roof of the building and all the way to the Druidth ships orbiting Earths only moon. He saw the large, silvery ships that looked like reverse hour glasses with a convex middle. Exhaust ports at one end and a bridge completely surrounded by glass that was essentially unbreakable. The ships bridge would be filled with the most sophisticated, yet easy to use, navigation and communication equipment.

      Lovett never got to see the ships first hand, that didn’t fall under his job description, but he did see detailed pictures and video that the so called experts took when they were invited up to examine them. Many people joked that all Druidth carried a little book with the title ‘To Serve Man’; a little throwback to an old Twilight Zone episode where aliens come to Earth, solve world hunger and bring about world piece all because their bible told them too, it was later figured out that it was actually a cookbook. As far as he knew, and he knew quite a lot, the Druidth had no desire to consume this planet’s natives.

      He smiled as he thought about the one first-hand expectance he did have with something Druidth. Since they evolved on another world they require more sophisticated protein chains and various vitamins that didn’t occur naturally on Earth. If they don’t consume said proteins then they experience what’s known as ‘Rabbit Starvation’; when they first arrived, a lot of them became very ill and it was feared that they were suffering from disease until it was found out by Druidth nutritionists that they weren’t eating right. The solution: plant specifically engineered grains that provided all that they were lacking.

      Lovett got the chance to dine at the home of one of the diplomats and, after much research before he went, dined on beef on a bed of blue-tinted, rice-like grains. He found them quite odd, yet still perfectly enjoyable.

      Leaning forward in his chair, he jotted down a note to have the satellite surveillance division check on the locations, sizes, and yields of the Druidth crops. He liked to keep tabs on any weakness that was exploitable enough to persuade a potential enemy from attacking; if it meant starving the Druidth people then so be it, just one more reason for them not to get too uppity about something, horrible yes, but unavoidable as well. He knew that it could be considered cruel to target a people’s food supply, but if it meant the safety of his country then he would do what he had to do.