~*One Phone Ringing*~

So this is something new I'm trying out. This story will be updated everyday through out the next 25 days. If you haven't realised it, it's the 25 days of Christmas. I rated this story 'R' because of content. I hope everyone enjoys and please let me know what you think. 

===============

December 1, 2013

One Phone Ringing

Mac

I woke up the usual way; the insistent ringing of my phone.

"Mac." I groaned my name into my cell, just wanting to fall back asleep but knowing that it won't be possible.

"We need you at headquarters ASAP." The gruff voice sounded. I recognized it as my partner, Agent Ian Rhodes. I call him Scruffy.

"What's happening?" I question as I reluctantly get out of bed and toss on some black jeans and a white blouse that I hope is clean enough to get away with. "Are you already there?"

"On my way. New case. Should pull up in 5 minutes."

"I'll see you in 20." I hung up the phone and shoved it in my front pocket.

I'm Agent Mackenzie Tyler, Mac for short. I work for the FBI in Los Angeles CA. And one thing I've learned is that this city is anything but angelic.

Throwing on my black leather jacket, I headed out into the 3am chill of LA nights. I never know what to expect when I get called in. Sometimes it's theft, sometimes smugglers, but other times, it's more worse than I could imagine.

By the time I open the doors to my unit, the first thing I see is my partner. Tall and muscular with features that have women drooling over him anywhere he goes. I note his perfectly pieced suit and the hard glare is giving to the papers he holds in his hands.

"Scruffy." I call to him. Normally he is a calm guy and not much can get to him. However, cold features tinted his never wavering face. "What's it this time?" I already know it's bad, just by his hardened presence.

"Cortez Family." He tells me flatly.

He didn't need to say more. Every Agent knew who the Cortez family is. My blood immediately boiled.

The Cortez Family make just about any other crime seem tame. Drug dealing and prostitution are the simple part for them. They are a large family that use every horrific crime known and  ruin the lives of thousands. They have a four step process to their business of misery.

Step one; collect inventory. In LA there's a lot of people that come from all over to follow dreams of becoming something big. And a lot of people are vulnerable to believe anything that would get them a step ahead. The Cortez Family depend on that. They take girls fresh off busses and planes, threatening them to cooperate. Sometimes they go to other states and set up "auditions" under different aliases for LA films. They bring back the girls to come face to face with hell, instead of the camera.