In Another Life

• Dedicated to brianna van lathum

Hey guys. This is my baby story... my very first one... so it will be very amateur but I believe it is a really good plot and Note: I do write like a teenager because this is in the POV of a teenager =]

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Chapter 1: Newly Reborn

Prologue

“Honey, I need you to know that no matter what happens, I love you to death” were the last words I heard before my operations, I thought about these words as I drifted slowly to sleep.

I slowly opened my eyes and tried to move instinctively but found myself practically chained to bed with wires which were all somehow linked to my body, I tried to make a sound but my mouth felt so dry that all that came out was a moan and soon enough a group of people were crowded around my bed. I only recognized 2 people within this group of people, my mother who ‘s beautiful face was blotchy as if she had been crying and my doctor who was smiling at me encouragingly while taking notes on her folder. The rest of the people I guessed were nurses and perhaps other doctors.

As the days went by, I quickly recovered. My heart transplant had been a grant success and the doctors said that I would be able to go home in a few weeks. During those waiting days I would lay in my hospital bed and wonder what life will be like now that I didn’t have a bad heart anymore , sometimes I would have a talk with my mum or share a giggle with my older sister Ashanti.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: Out with the old...

“The doctors said that they would be checking up on me once in a while but as far as I was concerned, I was completely cured!” I told my best friend  Skylar Osborne as we walked to the bus home, it had been my first day back after about a month of rest.

 As soon as I got home I turned up my stereo to my favourite artist “Auburn “and started humming along as the song “Growing up was real hard for me” blasted, I was lying on my bed when I suddenly noticed somebody else sitting on the edge of my balcony looking at me with a sad smile “ARGH!” I screamed as I stupidly grabbed my pillow as protection,

 “What’s wrong Ali?”  My sister asked as she barged into my room

“There’s someone in my room” I said, my voice breaking with fear “Over there... by the balcony seat”,

 my sister quickly glanced around the room and gave me a strange look “I think that you need to rest” she said and walked out of my room with an amused look on her face, I looked over to the balcony and he was still there, I bet I was hallucinating.

 I rubbed my eyes and gave myself a quick pinch to double check and opened my eyes but nope he was still there, still starring at me with that sad look.

 I took a big breath and slightly shuffled forwards “who are you? “ I almost whispered as I took a closer look at him, he was what I and my best friend skye usually would have called a hottie. He had jet black hair which he ran his fingers through as he tried to answer my question, a beautiful body, but his best and most noticeable feature were his soft but icy green eyes which seem to pierce right through me “ My name is Alexander Forrester. You have my heart” he spoke softly though making a hard impact on me. I knew that I was imagining this, the doc probably gave me too many drugs and one of the side effects were probably dreaming of random hot boys.

I rubbed at my eyes again and again until they went red and began to sting but I wasn’t going to stop until this awful hallucination spoofed away, I kept rubbing until I heard a slight chuckle escape from the boy “I’m not going to go away” he spoke again “Um... well... Um” I couldn’t find anything to say to my hallucination so I decided to just go along with it until I either snapped back to reality or woke up from this dream