Opposites don't attract (Complete)

Opposites don’t attract

Bernadette Montano Gabot

There was the time when I was in my ugliest, fattest and worst behaviour. Until, I met this one person that is the opposite of me. I met him on my first day at high school. I didn't mind him that much. I don't care how others take absolute control of him. I don't care if the boys bullied him. That's because in the first place, he didn't care for me either.

In the middle of the school year, I began to notice him. He is this intelligent guy. He has good performances in all subjects especially on our history class. He does his projects on time. He studies a lot. He is also quiet most of the time. He is really my total opposite. That's because at that time, I am one of the noisiest students in class. I even got on the point of having a C+. I don't pass my projects because I don't even do them. I don't study as much as he does. I'm mostly going on fights with the fraternities in class.

Two months before vacation, I tried to pass my subjects. Of course, who would want to repeat the same level? I was eager so I studied most of the time. A friend of mine noticed what I've been doing, so she talked to me. I was really interested to listen on what she is going to say because she's a top student, until he mentioned him. She said that she wants to be seated beside him. I noticed she fancy him. She added that he is the only guy in class that she admires. I smiled and said that I also want to be seated beside him. I wasn't serious that time. I was just being enthusiastic of her feelings.

The next day, our adviser decided to arrange our seats. I got really shocked when I really got seated beside him. I got really quiet now but he is the noisy now. I listened to his stories still. I've learned that he is also a fraternity member. He told me how they fought others and the reason why. It's because of simple reasons. I was very innocent that time so I still didn't understand why they fight for simple reasons. Even if I had encountered fraternities, I never knew why they bullied other students that time. I got even more amazed by how he does things. I notice that he is really thin. I laughed at him. I even hold his very big thin hand. We've been close friends that's what I think about my relation with him. But others think there was more than that friendship of ours.

Our friendship started to fade during a quiz on our religion class. He asked me to let him cheat so that he'll also let me. I was surprised when he said that. I wasn't expecting him to say that. I may have low grades that time but I never tried cheating. He also said that the other girls are also doing it. So I let him cheat but when it's my time to cheat he didn't let me. I was still young and immature that time. Because of what he had done, I got angry at him. He noticed that so he made a way for us to talk but I didn't mind him. Until I hit him with my nails. I didn't really mean that to happen. I got really nervous, because his eyes are the ones I hit. He gave me a lot of choices but the one that I followed is giving him money.

After that day, I checked at him if he is still okay. Our friendship seemed to have ended with the mass at the end of the school year.  But that time, I was still confident that we would still be friends. I was proven wrong when the next school year begun. We were sophomores then, from different sections. I was very eager to beat him so I studied a lot. And those studying made me first in class. I thought it was enough to make me happy that I was able to beat him. But then again, I'm wrong. He doesn’t try at all his best to be a top student unlike before. But like before, I am still the opposite of him. But this time, I am the nice girl and his opposite.

I tried to have contacts with him but I didn't succeed. I was just able to talk to him just once. The whole school year, I was thinking of him. I liked him so much. But I started to hate him the next school year.

 It all begun with my friend. That friend of mine is the person whom I tell stories of how much I liked him. I laughed with her and played games with each other. Until I've learned that she is already dating him. For three days, I cried and made myself look stupid in front of people. Every time I see them, my tears would fall. I was on the point of wishing I never should have met him. I hated him so much. I never imagined that friend of mine would do that. I hated him for destroying our friendship. I hated her for letting him destroy our friendship. And I hated myself for expecting too much from people.

From that day on, I didn't really care on how I looked. I don't go close relations with guys. But the thing that never changed, He seems to always be in my mind even if I try not to think about him.