Heart of Stone

Kamawanai (Original title)

Heart of Stone (New title)

Bernadette Montano Gabot

There is the girl whom her parents call Sachii. Unlike any other girls, she doesn't really care how she looked and most of it is how others looked at her. But even if she don't wear fancy clothes, cosmetics and earrings, she is beautiful. She has an elbow-length hair. She has her bangs too. Her eyes will always show she doesn't care about other people. She has a fair complexion and a slender body.

She is also the kind of girl that a guy wouldn't want to mess with. She does not really have nice treatment to any guy. And it originates from her great hatred for his father. His father left them when she was still young. Her family suffered in great financial problems. Luckily, they have neighbours who helped them. Her mother began a business while she was studying in a public high school. Soon after her graduation, her mother's business became more successful. They were able to have their own house and car. Sachii was also able to go to a well-known university.

In that university, famous and rich students study. But somehow, Sachii still treats them like any other ordinary persons. Because of that most of her classmates begun to hate her.

During the class, the professor would always ask her questions. She would answer it correctly and then the professor would praise her which made her classmates hate her even more. Then one was not able to contain herself with her hatred. She nearly cut the hair of Sachii, until the bell rung. Sachii stood up and looked at her. The girl tried to look cool even though she was embarrassed. They all went outside.

It was already lunch time so they went in line for their foods. When Sachii was walking her way to a table, a girl pushed and laughed at her. Her food fell on one of the most famous guy named Rhio in the university. Sachii stood up and apologized to Rhio. She was about to go when Rhio held on her hand. And she looked at him with anger.

(Rhio stood up looked back at her)

Rhio: Do you have an idea what you have done?

Sachii: (looked away) I've already apologized. Let go of my hand.

Rhio: (held her hand tighter) Do you think that could undo what you have done?

Sachii: I said let go of my hand! (Kicked his foot and went away)

Rhio: (tried not to scream but didn't hide the fact that he is hurt)

Sachii and Rhio are called to the student council's office.

Student council president: Did you kick Rhio Makage during lunch break?

Sachii: Yes

Student council president: Since you admitted what you've done we won't have to go through the court of our university but you are still going to be punished. Your punishment is suspension from class for a month.

Rhio: (looked at her)

Sachii: Yes, of course (and left)

Rhio: (stood up) don’t you think that's a little bit too much?

Student council president: A month is enough for her to learn.

Rhio: (shut his mouth)

During the night, Rhio is thinking about her. He got very curious why she didn't react at all or complain. He decided to search for information about her. But only about her entry in the university is written in the internet. He attended school and joined school activities but his mind is still curious about her. Finally, in the middle of the month, he visited her.