Chapter 15: Mistaken Love Triangle

DONGHAE was having the most wonderful of dreams. He was holding Ninz and she was older and had lines on her face. She had asked him if she still looked beautiful. “Always. When I saw you, all women stopped looking beautiful.” he said then smiled at her. He saw his face, it was older, he had white hair and lines on his face. “Do you still love me even if I am too old to be an idol?”

“I love you more now.” pressed his hand on her check and then kissed it.

He closed his eyes and kissed the top of her hair. When he opened his eyes his arms were empty and the person next to him was gone. The picture frame that was the first thing he looks at was placed face down. He got out of bed quickly and tried to look for Ninz but she was not anywhere in the apartment. He saw his shirt on top of the hamper and took it. He felt like he lost her again. And she was right. It felt like he wouldn't survive this one.

JANS was there when he went over to the new house Sungmin and Jans would be living in. She pushed him out of the hallway and out of the door without even saying a word. He kept asking her to stop and to let him talk to Ninz. Jans did the one thing that he has never seen her do. She gave her the finger then slammed the door in his face.

That was the last time he got to see Jans and Sungmin's home. Donghae took care not to visit them and spent time with Sungmin when they did reunions outside of his friend's home. He knew that he would remember everything about the way Ninz put their home together. He opened his eyes and looked at the picture frame that was face down. He didn't dare touch it. His shirt hung in a glass case over his bed. His friends had asked him about it and he always says it's some modern art crap he bought.

Sungmin would always give him a raised eyebrow when he said that. He decided to focus on his music school and the team. He worked hard and kept his mind from being idle. He didn't stop until he found himself in a hospital bed.

“You crazy bastard.” Eunhyuk was next to his bed, eyes red from unshed tears. “You crazy pabo-ya.” he sniffed and held his hand. “Don't you dare do that again.”

He could remember what he was talking about. He tried to move his other hand and saw that it was in a cast. His leg was in a cast too. “What happened?”

Eunhyuk looked up and he saw Sungmin there. He was with Jans who looked like she just came from crying as well.

“You drived your car...off the road.” was all Sungmin said.

“What? Why the hell would I - ?” then he remembered the picture. It was Ninz in a pre-nuptial picture. The pain in his chest shot in heaves. “I get it now.”

“Pabo-ya!” He knew that he was going crazy because he heard someone call him an idiot in Ninz' voice. “I am not engaged, you dummy.”

“Sarang...” he saw her, tear-striken face and all, she looked beautiful. “What are you-?”

Eunhyuk stood up and gave way to her. “I flew in as soon as I heard. Why would you do that?”

“You were right. I couldn't bear losing you. I lost you twice and now you are going to be lost to me forever. My dream wasn't going to come true.” he told her about the dream he had that morning, the picture frame and his shirt.

She laughed and took something out of her pocket. She showed him the picture that he had in the picture frame. “I took it when I left. I wanted time to think before I could come back and start over. But you never showed up in any of the parties, events and shows that Sungmin asked you to come. So I never got a chance to tell you that I was back and that I was never going to let the past hurt us anymore.”

“But those pictures...”he was still confused.

“Were advertisement shows for our new business. Jans and I are opening a photography studio and including it as a promo for my interior design service. I need a reason to stay in Korea after all. This is it.”

“Stay in Korea? Why?”

“To stay with you, silly.”