Always Be With You.

AU where instead of Wendy joining Lamia Scale, Erza asked Kagura to take care of Wendy (who joined Mermaid Heel) whilst she went away along with asking Sting and Rogue to help the sky dragon slayer get stronger. Why? Because why not. Kagura always wanted a 'little sister'.

Set about three months after the Tartaros Arc.

[...]

"Where are they..?" the young dragon slayer huffed, resting her head on her arms as she waited at a table on the boardwalk, not too far from the Mermaid Heel guild hall. Her eyes constantly scanning through the crowd of people for two certain people, a small ounce of hope of them showing up disappearing with each moment that passed by.

"Don't be so impatient, Wendy!" Carla scolded the girl, sending her a harsh glare.

Wendy sighed, her exceeds comment seeming to fall on deaf ears as she continued scanning through the numerous people passing by. "Don't worry, they're probably recovering from motion sickness after coming off the train." a voice spoke from behind the pair. Wendy turned her head to be met with Kagura, who was shooting her an amused smile. "You know that if they couldn't make it they would have let us know." the gravity mage added, taking a seat beside the dragon slayer.

"I guess." the bluenette shrugged. She was about to give up when she spotted the two dragon slayers making their way towards her, making her instantly shoot up from her seat and make her way towards them.

"Frosch!"

"Wendy!"

The frog-suit wearing exceed's eyes widened before jumping from its companions shoulder to run at the sky dragon slayer, jumping in her arms as they hugged. "It's so nice to see you again, it's been awhile!" Wendy commented as she stroked the exceeds head gently.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too!"

The two dragon slayers and the other exceed approached the pair, "Yeah, it's okay. Not like we're not here." the guild master of Sabertooth scoffed, feigning a hurt expression causing his friend to roll his eyes.

"What Sting really means is it's nice to see you again. Sorry we haven't been able to visit the past few weeks, the guild has been pretty hectic." Rogue shot the sky dragon slayer a small smile.

Wendy shrugged his apology off, knowing that the pair have their own lives to live instead of constantly training her. "It's okay, Kagura has been helping me train." the bluenette smiled, glancing at Kagura who shot her a warm smile in return.

"Training you in wha-" the blonde paused, finally taking notice of the item strapped to the back of the younger dragon, his eyes widening.

Strapped to the sky dragon slayer was a sheathed katana, which its scabbard was white similar to Kagura's, however it had an intricate design on the cover in silver, something similar to how one would draw a gust of wind. The guard in between the blade and the handle was also of a silver design. The katana's handle was white woven with a light blue leather, wrapping around leaving a diamond form pattern. The same leather was also wrapped around the top of the scabbard in a bow.

Unseen to the eye was the engraving on the blade; the sword of the sky dragon.

It was a thing of beauty and to be admired, even if it's sole purpose was to kill. The gravity mage warned Wendy to only unsheathe it in dire situations where it was life and death and had no other choice.

"Why does this little girl have a sword?!" Sting exclaimed before looking towards Kagura, knowing that she was somehow behind this.

"To keep away creeps like you." It hasn't even been five minutes and the Mermaid was taking shots at his ego. "Beside's I was around the same age when I had my first sword. Wendy asked for one, so I obliged, also it's just another option for her. If she doesn't feel like wasting magic energy on a opponent, she can use her katana."