Say Anything You Want, I'll Turn the Music Up ♥ James Diamond{BTR!} Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Big Time Slaughter

Disclaimer: I do not own the show or characters from Big Time Rush, nor do I own any songs or lyrics by BTR that might appear.

"You should totally wear these," Rain said, handing me her long angel wing earrings. "And here, put your hair up..."

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Back up a bit, Harper.

After I got done talking to James—who was shockingly open to my proposition (he'd just shrugged, smiled, and said, "Of course. Friendship is the most important thing ever. And if I can help you with that…" He'd shrugged again. I was more than shocked by his reaction. I mean, I knew his best friends who were all—well, except maybe Carlos, but where he lacked brains like James he made up for in being a sweetie pie—super smart and down to earth had to see something in him to even be friends with him, let alone best friends. But still, this was James Diamond, the person who, no matter how nice he could seem, had screwed me over so many times. He probably, like every other time, had an ulterior motive, I'd shockingly had to remind myself)—I made a very long trek. Rocque Records hadn't been so far from the Palm Woods, but now I wished I had my car back already.

I finally arrived, and I knocked on the door. I was sweating buckets—not just from walking, but from walking in the nearly 90 degree sunshine—and waiting outside wasn't helping.

Finally I heard the lock click and the door opened slowly.

"What do you want?" Rain had asked, about to slam the door in my face.

"Look," I said, grabbing the door so she couldn't, "I know you don't want to talk to me, and I know you don't accept apologies, and I also know you don't realize how much you've hurt me, but I'm still going to be the bigger person here, because I know I also hurt you too. And you still might not forgive me, but I want you to know I literally made a deal with the devil to get this peace offering." I reached into my bag to pull them out. "I know how much you love Big Time Rush. They're having a concert here in L.A. in a few days, and, well James gave me two tickets and VIP passes, and I know how hot you think they are and everything, so I just thought maybe you'd go with me—" I handed her the VIP pass on the lanyard and the ticket—"and maybe forgive me too."

"You'd better be glad these are front row," she'd said when I'd given her the ticket, "otherwise you still wouldn't be out of the mud." We both knew she wasn't serious about that though.

And as easy as that was, just like that, we were friends again.

She even apologized back, which was something she never did. I didn't want to give James any credit at all for this, but I'd told him the only way I'd accept his apology was if he gave me an extra of each so I could apologize to Rain, and he must've had just a bunch of extra tickets and passes lying around, because he gladly gave them to me right then and there.

Now we were getting ready to go to the concert. We were at her house, and her mom was letting Rain borrow her car since she had finally got her license the week before, and we were picking up Jo and Camille at the Palm Woods.

"Like this," she took my hair, which was currently wild and wavy, how I was planning on wearing it, and put it on top of my head. I mentally kicked myself for letting her take charge of my looks again. She left a few wavy tendrils framing my face.

"Oh my God, you look so hot." She turned me toward the mirror. "James won't be able to resist."

I groaned. "I want James to resist me. Quick, make me ugly." I reached back to take down my hair with one hand and smudge my makeup with the other.