Part 3

"I understand. What are the people on patrol supposed to know about what they are guarding and how they should handle Cassie should she try to escape?"

"Vampire level threat with all teams consisting of at lest 2 members with at least were strength and speed or their equivalent in other species."

"You sure you want to use the V word? Especially when you are going to probably use new people in security since we don't have enough on hand to secure this place without removing people from other objectives? There is just no time to press them through all the security clearances until the morning."

"OK, hold that thought," Vincent said and pulled out his phone.

"Hello Trent, John speaking."

"Yes, Johnathan, did we forget something? Is this about the new business?"

"No. You said you need cash flow right?"

"Yeah? Go on," the Alpha said.

"I'm going to need to hire some of your top level enforcers..."

"And the but is..."

"I'd insert a joke here, but I'm pressed for time and the condition is you Alpha command them to complete secrecy, with you being the only one who they can share the info with. And I'll brief you on the subject when you join me tomorrow evening."

"How fast and how many?"

"How many can you prepare and send over by tonight?"

"Are you serious?"

"Do I sound funny to you?"

"I'm sorry, no you don't sound funny. On such short notice about 20 people. They will need the address and some basic info before getting there. And financially?"

"10 thousand a week per guard post, for a minimum of three months. Money is paid to your company directly and you give them salaries. But there are no free days. I expect a 24/7, 7 days a week coverage. So 10 thousand a week for a person present on duty. If you need to have 3 people covering one posting in shifts, that's your business, it still counts as 1 guard posting being covered."

"Wow, that's... that's definitely something I can work with. So how many do you want sent over?"

"All 20 of them. I've just deposited 50k as an advance and we will settle it when Karl comes with clear numbers and a contract."

"What you mean now? Are you at the bank or something?"

"Come now mate, it's the 21st century... internet banking and phone apps. Have your people here by tonight. I need to go now," Vincent said and actually closed the line without waiting for a reply.

"Then I'll start work and contact Caruthers with the route to here at the estate I suppose?"

"Keep our people inside the estate and Caruthers' people starting from 100 yards and outwards of the building. Also visibly mark the 100 yards limit. Get some living containers dropped at the 100 yards mark. A 2 by 2 with another 4 containers on top in the same format should be enough of a makeshift barracks."

"On it. Anything else before I go and start working on this?"

"No, that should cover it for now. The sooner I have those plans though, the happier I'll be. Oh and Karl, not sure if I said it already, good job on that thing about Sam! Say hi to Clara from me!"

"Thank you, I will. I'll just mail you the draft when it's done and if you approve it, I'll come first thing in the morning with the final version."

*Author's Note

Many thanks for thereads, comments and votes (hopefully :D ).