Chapter 3

I flung myself on my bed. I could already feel the sleepiness start to fog up my mind. The sensation of sleep crept up into my body.

But before I closed my eyes and welcomed the darkness, my hands reached for the object on my nightstand.

My music box.

I placed it carefully on my lap and cranked the knob like I always did.

Familiar music quietly filled the silence. I watched as the miniature figures of the prince and princess slowly paraded in circles. They danced slowly to the music and I watched as they spun in circles.

Finally as the last line of the song came they started to slowly come to a halt. I knew the words my heart.

When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true

The prince and princess both stopped seemingly in mid spin.

By habit I blew away the non- existent dust in my music box.

Satisfied I closed the lid and placed it gently on my nightstand, angling it to its exact original position.

I leaned and shut off the lamp and lied down and let myself surrender to the darkness.

I woke up to the feeling of my lips being bruised.

Wincing I touched my lower lip with my finger and sighed knowing what occurred last night.

With a familiar weight slung around my waist I turned and found myself face to face with Mr. Benjamin Murray.

He was soundly asleep and had the most innocent expression. Oh, do looks deceive.

“Ben,” I whispered shaking him.

He didn’t even stir.

“Ben!” I called his name louder. This time I used more force, shaking him harder.

He grumbled and shifted even further down the covers, unconsciously pulling me against him.

I squirmed and struggled to get out of his firm hold.

“Damn it.” I huffed. Annoyed, I looked up at his face, his eyes still closed.

“Benjamin.” I said. “If you do not wake up in this second I will knee you in the groin.” Then I added. “You know I’m not kidding.”

His eyes flew open.

Huh.

That boy didn’t listen to a word I said unless I threatened him.

Sleepily, he mumbled. “I was having the nicest dream.”

“Oh please do share.” I responded sarcastically.

“Well at first-“ He was cut off by a pillow hitting him squarely in the face by yours truly.

“Release me.”  I commanded. “Then, you can talk about your dream all you want.”

It’s not like I’m going to listen. I mentally shrugged.

Getting out of my bed, I called back. “Remember to shut the door when you leave.”

Suddenly I felt a strong hand grip my arm.

“You were crying last night.” He whispered softly. “You called out for him.”

I sighed. “I know.” I replied quietly. “You don’t have to explain.”

I absently touched my bruised lips again.

“Was it that bad?”

Before he got the chance to answer I cut in. “Never mind.” I said quickly. Walking hurriedly to my dresser I picked up my brush and started to pull the brush through my hair.  

Thoughts were racing through my mind. Facing away from Ben, I mentally wanted to kick myself in the face.

When would I get over him? Would I ever get over him? This can’t go on forever. I turned my thoughts towards Ben. I glanced in the mirror in front of me and saw Ben turn away as I caught his gaze.

Ever since that day Ben was always with me every night. I never wanted him to be with me like this. I never wanted him around me period.

Sighing I knew it was hopeless. Without him who knows what would happen to me. I grudgingly admitted that he was the one that let me make it through the night.

Way to go, desperado.

_________________________________________________________________

It hurts me not to edit this but I know that I just can't spend forever on each chapter. So if there are mistakes please bear with me. >.<

Please comment and tell me what you think.

If you feel like it's worthy enough, vote also. I'm truly grateful if you think my work motivates you to vote.

I promise you will see an upload soon in the very near future. ;)