Chapter 7: Making It Up

Felicia got a drink from the water fountain. She heard a voice behind her say, "Hey, look, I'm sorry." It was Peter! Aw, that's so romantic. Wait... Does she have feelings for Peter Parker?! Ew. Ew. Ew. Ewwwww. EWWWWWWWWW. EWWWWWWWWWWW! EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! But he went out of his way to come apologize for something that wasn't even his fault. It was her's, and she knew it. She needed to tell him that. He was innocent; she was guilty. He was good; she was bad. He was day; she was night. She turned around to see Peter was indeed not talking to her. He was talking to Gwen.

Peter apologized, "I'm so sorry I left. I was wondering when you would come back. Aunt May called and was all worried about me, and I just assumed you left." Gwen replied, "Peter, I'm not mad." Peter was confused, "Really?" Gwen assured him, "Yeah. Well, I was. But I'm not anymore." Peter wasn't buying it. Gwen added, "I promise." Peter and Gwen hugged.

Felicia tried to get out of there without being noticed by Peter. She needed to get to the bathroom and cry. And cry she did. She heard someone storm in and slam the door in the stall next to her. Whoever-it-was was crying also.

Felicia disguised her voice and tried to hide the tears, "What's wrong?" The girl in the next stall replied through, "I started to have feelings for my friend, but that's over." Felicia recognized the voice. It was Mary Jane Watson! Felicia asked in her disguised voice, "What happened?" Mary Jane explained, "H-he's in love with someone else." Felicia preached, forgetting about using her disguised voice, "Girl, you don't need to let some girlfriend getting in the way. Are they dating?" Mary Jane answered, "No..." Felicia continued, "Well then, you have time. It's very little time, but it's still time. Now, you could spend it talking to me, the bum in the bathroom, or you could go out there and use that time to your advantage."

Mary Jane felt empowered. She applied makeup to conceal her tears, and then, she walked off to her next class, acting like nothing just happened. She would talk to Peter after school. Maybe she could change his mind abotu Gwen. Don't get Mary Jane wrong; her and Gwen are good friends. The only problem was that there was now competition between them, just a friendly competition.

Felicia went to the office still crying. She told the secretary that she puked in the bathroom. The secretary called her dad to pick her up. Felicia's never done such a thing before, but today, she just needed a break.

Felicia's dad came to pick her up. She dragged her bag into her father's rusted truck. They drove back to their apartment without a word. Felicia immediately went into her bedroom.

Felicia's head started ache. She didn't worry because she had occasional headaches, usually caused by dehydration. Felicia drank a cup of water while trying not to think about all the water she lost from crying. Felicia wasn't sure if it was the cause or not; science wasn't her best subject.

Felicia's head started to ache even more. What was wrong with her? Was she really sick? It felt oddly familiar to her. Felicia became naucious and extremely dizzy. She passed out on her bed.