1 | Lockers

Lillian

"Senior Year," I thought to myself walking into Northeast High. My last first day in High School, and it couldn't have come faster.

My thoughts were quickly interrupted when Riley (one of my BFF's) pulled me into one of her famous gigantic bear hugs.

"Can't Breath," I wheezed out.

"Sorry." She replied.

"No it's fine," I replied refilling my lungs with air and regaining my composure.

She linked arms with me as we walked to our new lockers. Seniors got to pick out which locker they wanted.

And of course we picked full size lockers right next to each other.

Every year before we would always get stuck with lockers too far away from our classes and they would be the half ones too.

And somehow I always got a top one.

Yes, I know this sounds like a dream come true, a top locker, but when you only stand 5 feet tall, it's not exactly convenient.

I mean, I couldn't even reach any of the hooks at the top for hanging my bag, and there was always someone who had the one below mine.

It was this annoying kid name Jack who took way too long to find his books, or pencil, or papers.

I was soon knocked out of my thoughts when I realized Riley was waving her hand in my face and saying my name.

"Is there some cute new guy here, or are you just deep in thought?" She asked me.

I shook my head and replied, "No, there's no new cute guy." Even though I was secretly hoping there was. "I was just thinking about our glorious lockers," I replied laughing.

Once we reached lockers 291 and 292, I put in my combination.

"If I remember correctly, it's 26-14-19," I said as I twisted the dial.

"Wait!" Riley yelled making me jump, and definitely earning a few stares and some teachers shushing us.

"Let me see you schedule! I meant to ask you for it earlier! We need to have classes together!"

"Alright, alright, it's right here," I said pulling the folded up paper out of my back pocket.

After taking a minute or two of Riley looking thoroughly over the two pieces of paper in her hands she finally looked up at me, smiled and said, "We have Advanced Biochemistry with Mrs.Collin, 1st Lunch, and History with Mr.Johannser together."

"Finally, we have lunch together, and it's the first one of the day, and you know what the means," I said with an evil smirk.

"Warm Cookies," we both said at the same time laughing much too loud for the situation. And thus once again earning many stares and shushes.

Just then, the first bell rang signaling us to get to class.

"Ugh," I said looking up, "Why must you ruin our moment here?"

I finished putting away all of my books and reached down to grab my alto Saxaphone and my folder of music.

Being the only Saxaphone has its benefits. I mean, you automatically get put in the top band, so yea.

I looked over at Riley and we said our goodbyes to each other.

Riley went left to English, and I took a right to band.

"This year is going to be good." I said out loud.

----------------------------------------------
Sooooooo. I wrote the first chapter today. I feel really proud of it. There will be more to come, but I will not have a updating schedule, I will just update when I get the inspiration for my next chapter, and I think I already have something in mind.

Time Stamp ~ 10:36 May 10, 2016