The Closed Door

LOL HEY GUYS.

"The Closed Door"

by TheEffingAmazingViolist (or TheCrazyViolist, whichever you prefer c; )

Theresa stopped at Margaret's closed door and raised his hand to knock. It was shut, which either meant she was in need of privacy or really, really pissed. But regardless of either explanation, Theresa knew she'd enter the bedroom eventually. Hesitantly, she rapped her knuckles against the wood of the door twice.

"Yes?" Margaret's voice called from the other side. She sounded tired and sleepy. Perhaps she had been sleeping? Maybe that was why the door was shut.

Theresa cleared her throat and said, "It's me."

"Terry!" Margaret chuckled. "Come in, my love."

The handle of the door felt cold against Theresa's flushed and sweaty hand. She apprehensively pushed it open slowly, revealing the usual messy state of Margaret's bedroom. Papers were strewn here and there, many tacked to the walls and hanging from hooks, clothes littered the floor around the closet, the cassette collection stacked into piles around the player and the guitar resting against Margaret's desk chair. The girl herself lay on her bed staring at the ceiling, her thick rimmed glasses resting on his nose. Her left leg dangled off the side lazily while her arms were extended to her sides.

Theresa walked over and sat on the edge of the bed apprehensively, seeing as though something was up or the door wouldn't have been closed. "Hey."

Margaret propped herself up on her elbows and smiled. "Hello, love. Do I get a kiss?"

"Nope," Theresa replied, standing up.

Margaret raised her eyebrows and pressed her lips into a thin, narrow line. "Am I in trouble? Are you on your period?"

"Nope," Theresa repeated. She nonchalantly closed the door and locked it, which only made more possible explanations come to mind about its earlier state, and then flipped the player on. Some gospel artist's smooth voice filled the silence that had fallen and helped break the rapidly forming tension. Theresa turned the dial up a few notches and drowned out the background noises, even the thumping of her heart.

The gears began to turn in Margaret's mind and everything snapped into place. This wasn't their usual routine, since they seldom were home at the same time as his family, but Theresa was always thinking. "I see, you clever bitch."

Theresa smirked and stretched out on the bed next to Margaret. "Thanks."

"Can I get my kiss now?" Margaret asked, once again propping herself up on her elbows. She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively and puckered her lips like a fish. Theresa laughed and pushed Margaret's face away.

Margaret gasped and clutched her heart in mock-hurt. "What have I done to my wittle Terry?"

"Nothing," Theresa assured her girlfriend, rolling onto her side to face her.

Margaret did the same and pressed their foreheads together. "Why won't you kiss me?"

"I dunno," Theresa shrugged, staring into Margaret's eyes intently. She reached out and stroked the girl's cheek tenderly with the back of her hand. It was smooth to her touch.

Margaret took Theresa's hand from her face and kissed her fingers one at a time. "Please?"

"You just did kiss me," Theresa pointed out. She still wasn't sure why the door had been closed to the bedroom and it baffled her to the ends of the earth. Margaret's door was always open, it was so normal for it to be wide open...

"Yeah, but it was a one-sided kiss," Margaret retorted. She fished around for Theresa's hand, which she clasped firmly once found. Theresa shook her off almost immediately. "I want to feel your lips on mine, or other parts of my body for that matter."

"Well, you'll have to deal," Theresa replied. She smiled devilishly at her girlfriend, who groaned and rolled over onto her back. Theresa drummed her fingers on the girl's slightly pudgy stomach. "I'm just not in the mood."

Margaret snorted loudly then ran her fingers through her hair. "Not 'in the mood', eh?"

"Nope."

"Will you be 'in the mood' anytime soon? 'Cause I'm getting a little deprived over here," Margaret dramatically stated. She nudged Theresa's socked foot with her own.

"I dunno," Theresa replied, starting to get frustrated with her. She needed to know why the damn door was shut! It was never shut! "You'll live."

Margaret groaned into her palms and kicked her feet against the mattress. "I'm lying in bed with you, and yet I can't touch you? What kind of a sick joke is this?"

"I dunno," Theresa said again, being like a robot of sorts. "Why was the door closed?"

"Because I was getting dressed and I didn't want my mum to walk in, you idiot!" Margaret spat, very annoyed at Theresa. "Is this why you're mad at me? Because the bloody door was closed?"

Theresa shrugged and fished for Margaret's hand. "I dunno."

"Would you quit saying that?" Margaret requested. She squeezed Theresa's hand once, though.

"Possibly," Theresa chuckled while scooting closer to Margaret slowly.

"Oh thank the Lord," Margaret sighed as she let go of Theresa's hand and tried to rest her arm around the girl's shoulders.

Theresa lifted her head then placed it gently on Margaret's chest. "Yeah?"

"Yeah," Margaret said, pulling Theresa close to her.

"You know what?" Theresa asked. She placed her left arm across Margaret's stomach then looped her finger through the belt loop on her jeans.

"What?" Margaret responded as she brushed some hair from Theresa's forehead.

Theresa looked up at Margaret and smiled before saying, "I love you."

Margaret chuckled. "I love you, too," she purred. She lightly touched his lips to Theresa's in a sweet kiss.