A rainy day (short story)

I stared out into the day from my window. Barely anyone was out today because of the rain storm that was pelting my window. I knew that this was coming, so I had prepared everything and it was all going according to plan.

            Soft jazz was playing and the fire was licking the air as I watched the rain fall into other drops, forming another drop and then slide down my window. The sweet scent of candles kissed my nose, giving it a happy feeling. Light from the light posts made the wet street dazzle and purify with the light bouncing back. It was just at sunset. The rain had come at the right time. The light bounced off of the raindrops that coated my window and shone through them like tiny, bright stars that were trapped inside of a beautiful world. Maybe on that world they were having rain drip down their windows and they were seeing what I was seeing.

I was sitting on my luxury reclining chair that had instead of leather, as soft coat of fur that warmed my back. My blanket was draped around me with only my arms exposed so that I could drink my warm coffee that also gave me warmth inside my body.

The jazz was soothing my brain from all of the work that I might have to do tomorrow in this weather, but for now the weather was not a demonic storm, but a pleasant loving embrace. I put my coffee down on the small table on the side of and reclined my chair even further, bringing the blanket around my body. The flames crackled and kissed the air, giving the air a soft blush. The rain softly nipped at the window and hugged the glass, happy of its presence. I closed my eyes, and in the first couple minutes of this, my mind was so at rest that I drifted off into soft dreams.