Near-Death Experiences Chapter 5

If you haven't read any of this yet, make sure you start at the prologue, it's full of an action scene that the few beginning chapters have a lot to do with. Thanks! XXX

Wow! I loved writing this chapter! It somehow came really naturally, just like the prologue did. It's sort of confusing with the multiple identity thing, but she calls him Blake, but thinks of him as Drake, just so you guys know. Anyways, so I hope you like this and vote on it and what not, but the only important thing (like you've heard me say a billion times) is that you ENJOY it!!!! Thanks sooo much for all the support! <333

Drake's eyes glinted and he slowly let go of my sister, taking a step towards me. Kayla had bumps swelling up on her head and her tank top was full of holes and tears. Something made me want to hate her. She was the stupid idiot that just had to call him and trigger whatever was going on now. She had gotten us into this mess.

I held tight to the mop out in front of me trying to find some security.

"Blake," I said, "you don't want to do this. Blake. C'mon, Blake, you need to go home. You've been here long enough." I told him calmly. It was hard to stay calm, though, when he was trying to kill me.

Kayla tiptoed silently behind Drake trying to get passed him. She was almost to the door when Drake whooshed around to face her, furiously. She took a few frantic steps backward.

For the first time I noticed the advantage that my sister and I had on Drake. He came unarmed, which meant a non-weapon (unless you count the mop...) two-on-one fight. We had an extra person, but he had size and strength advantages.

He was leaner than the last time I'd seen him. He had muscles like the other guy that had saved me at that party I went to last summer. His voice, from what I'd heard so far, was also noticeably deeper. Puberty can do crazy things.

While these thoughts quickly raced through my head I barely had time to concentrate on the present times. Drake lunged at my sister and grabbed her neck roughly. Her eyes were humungous and I had good reason to believe that mine were just as big.

"Stop Blake!" I yelled as I jumped onto his back and attempted knocking him off balance. It didn't work. Kayla was starting to turn read and I was trying as many things as I could think of to get Drake off her. The only thing left to do was try to talk him out of this.

"Blake, listen, you have to let go. For me, Blake, please." I said hurriedly. Drake loosened his grip enough that Kayla got one quick breath of air. "I'm serious, Blake. This is Kayla." What would convince him? I had to lie. And I had to hurry. Kayla was loosing blood. "She was protecting me... from your father." I lied, satisfied with my quick thinking.

Drake froze.

"Yeah. You just missed him. He got away again and ran into the woods. Kayla here is the only reason I'm alive." Drake's eyes clouded and he let go of Kayla's neck altogether.

With that Kayla fell to the floor gasping for breath while Drake stared blankly at me.

"Where is he?" he asked in a monotone.

"He went that way, Blake." I pointed east.

"Jordin." He whispered. And with that he ran out of the room.

I was in shock. He just left.

I put that aside quickly and bent down to my little sister, who was lying unconscious on the floor. She had a plentiful amount of scratches covering her body and a bloody nose. I put two fingers to her neck and felt for a pulse. Biting my lip, I felt a faint throbbing there, which meant I wasn't too late. I reached into my pocket and found my cell phone. Mom had told me that if anything ever happened that I should always call her first before I took drastic measures; just in case my version of emergency wasn't the same as hers. In this case, though, I didn't take that advice. I just dialed.