Chapter 7

Chapter 7 (James's POV)

"Jamey!" Laura waved her small, white hand in front of my face, impatiently. I blinked a few times before turning my head towards her and raising my eyes, questioningly. I set my head on my hands and waited for her to speak but she didn't. Instead, she glanced at the clock and back at me. Suddenly, the bell rang.

"Damn girl," I muttered as we made our way to the lunch area. I dragged my feet the whole way to the quad and through the students bustling in the hallways. I didn't want to go ahead and see Jared hanging out with Sabrina again. Yeah, after we went to his house, she showed up on his doorstep begging him to take her back. And he did.

"Hey! James!" I heard a voice call from behind me. I took a deep breath, ignoring it, and continued to walk. I heard loud footsteps behind me and Laura bid me 'good luck' before she headed off. Great! I just got a new friend and she already has to deal with my Jared Drama.

"What?" I sighed as I spun around to meet eyes with a breathless Jared. His face was red- probably from making out with Sabrina- and his eyes were wide. I gulped softly and watched him with a blank expression. His face grew frustrated.

"What did I tell you about using that blank expression?" He growled, but not fully. His eyes softened a little and his mouth pressed tightly. He pulled me towards an open, empty space and sat down on the grass. I sat down across from him, letting my eyes look everywhere but at him.

"Not to put it up," I spoke softly, wanting to know how he felt about this weekend. How he felt about what had happened right before Sabrina showed up. I had avoided him all Sunday and managed to take a different route than him all the way up until now.

"I have been looking for you everywhere. We need to talk," He started to explain. I bit my tongue and clenched my jaw, glancing at his face before looking down at the grass. I glanced around and saw that no one was nearby. No one came over here.

"What about?" I muttered, hoping he wasn't trashing our friendship. Sabrina probably told him to stop hanging out with me and he probably loves her enough to finally listen. He probably told her all about how we kissed and how I really am gay and how-

I couldn't take the thoughts anymore. I started to hyperventilate and shaking. My hands curled up into fists and my eyes went blurry. Suddenly, I slammed my fist into a nearby tree. Jared stared at me like I lost my sanity- and I understood why. I was never much of a violent person so my sudden outburst was shocking. He's known me for years and that was the first time I had ever lost control of my anger in front of him.

"Are you okay??" Jared said with an odd look on his face. I bit my lip and felt vile rise in my throat.

"I'm fine." I hissed as I fell back against the tree I had just hit and plucked random pieces of grass from the field. I didn't bother to watch what Jared was doing. For all I knew, he had gotten up and left. I just sat there and ignored everything.

Suddenly, I felt hot breath on my face before everything turned into a white hot bliss of Jared's lips. His hands gripped the back of my neck and his body pressed against mine as hard as it could. I slid my hand into one of his back pockets and tangled my fingers in his hair. After he had decided it was enough kissing, Jared pulled away and stared at me expectantly.

"Are you okay now?" He smirked and laughed softly. I frowned and shot playful daggers at his face. He laughed and fell over in the grass, hands on his stomach, staring up at the clouds. I fell down in the same position but the top of my head met the top of his.

"Yes." I chuckled, "Why do we need to talk, though?" I asked, confused that it wasn't to tell me we couldn't be friends anymore.

"Because you stopped talking to me on Saturday night. I want to know why. I left my phone off and in my backpack, we are in complete privacy, and we have all of lunch period to talk. Now tell me what you have been trying to tell me for-" Jared started to sit up, and was cut off.

"There you are, Jar-bear! I have been looking everywhere for you!" Sabrina's giggly and high-pitched voice cut through his sentence and left me to sigh. She threw herself into his arms and kissed the mouth that had just been mine. He sat still and I watched in anguish. He pulled away and she frowned.

"Why aren't you kissing me, Jared?" She demanded with a small pout. Her cherry glossed bottom lip quivered slightly and his face came to the same blank expression that I used.

"Because I don't want to. You know, I don't always want to kiss you, Sabrina." He said with an emotionless tone. I bit back a snigger as she gasped and stood up, watery-eyed. I watched her with bemused eyes and a shaking body. The shaking was from laughing, though- internal laughing.

"Fine. Be an asshole, as always. I will see you later, Jared." She stormed away then fell over because her heel got caught in a hole in the field. Jared and I both burst into laughter at the same time. She started crying as she ran the rest of the way back with frizzy hair, dirty skirt, and a broken shoe.

"That was amusing," I sighed and looked up at Jared. He was staring at me with a puzzled look. I gave him a questioning look and he sighed, looking away. I coughed slightly and he let out a deep breath.

"Why do you always seem so upset when Sabrina comes around?" He said in a serious tone. His eyes were showing amusement and confusion at the same time while his expression showed seriousness.

"Because..." I trailed off, unable to tell him how I felt. I looked over his shoulder and saw four guys coming up to us and I shrunk down when I recognized the stars of the football team. "Crap." I mumbled and started to feel my pulse speed up. The leader of the four guys was huge and he didn't seem too happy. I just remembered he was Sabrina's older brother.

"Hey, Mike." Jared greeted the guy like he was an old buddy but Mike just stared at Jared with killer eyes. His mouth was set in a grim line and the guys behind him started to crack their necks and knuckles.

"You aren't being a very good boyfriend to Sabby, I hear." He said with a monotone voice. Two of the guys behind him stepped up and pulled me away from Jared. I froze and gulped tightly. Jared glanced over at me and alarm rose in his expression. Jared was a pretty tough guy, but I didn't know if he could take these four.

"Leave James out of this. It doesn't have anything to do with him," Jared used a threatening voice and got into his fighting position. He curled his hands into fists and the two guys holding me tightened their grips on my arms. I watched, wide-eyed, as the first punch was thrown- but Jared dodged it. Jared threw a punch at Mike and hit him square in the jaw. I felt myself relax slightly- very slightly.

More punches were thrown from the two boys when the last guy interfered and slammed into Jared, knocking him over. Jared jumped up and attacked that guy. Mike grabbed Jared and pulled him back. But, not before Jared knocked the guy unconscious. Mike growled and punched Jared in the stomach causing him to double over. Mike backed up, getting ready to body slam him, when one of the guys let go of me and attacked Jared. Jared straightened out before he could and the guy slammed into the tree.

I started to laugh at the stupidity of the guy and the one holding me slapped me. He really slapped me. I just blinked in shock and Jared's face turned serious as ever. As if in slow motion, Jared ran at the guy holding me and Mike ran at Jared. Just as Jared was about to reach us, Mike reached Jared and tackled him- causing the pair to roll down the hill and Jared's head to slam against a tree at the bottom of the hill. Mike stood up and the guy holding me ran down to check if Mike was alright. As soon as I was released, I ran down to check on Jared.

"You're a stupid fag and he deserves it," Mike laughed and chucked a small rock at me, hitting me in the arm. The guys that weren't unconscious walked off and I frantically searched for signs of Jared being alive. I felt a pulse, barely, in his neck and sighed in relief. I picked Jared up in my arms and ran to the school infirmary.

"You better be alright, Jared," I whispered to his unconscious body, "You better be. I love you." I let one tear fall. It landed right on his lips.

*It's not exactly as long as I had hoped but I tried and I already have the next chapter typed out. Hope you enjoyed this. xD Thanks!*