State of Denial 1-Unlovable

I took one final look into the mirror. There was nothing extraordinary about the girl I saw, she was bigger than all of the girls in her grade, standing at 5 feet tall, and weighing 230 pounds. Her hair was naturally curled all over and had that natural bush look. I smiled at my self, my metal braces sparkling in the light. Yes, today was going to be a good day. I was going to make sure it was.

I walked out to the street and looked around through my thick black framed glasses. I spotted an empty bench and walked over. As I sat down on the end, it wobbled and threw me onto the sidewalk. A young couple turned around to see what all the noise was about and giggled as they saw me, ass up, one hand on the bench, trying to pull myself off the ground. I grunted, achieving my goal and pulled a Twinkie out of my bag, biting down on the end as the bus pulled up. I stuffed the rest into my mouth and dug around in my bag for a quarter, finally finding one and dropping it into the box as I stepped into the aisle to look for a seat. As I walked by, kids put their things on the seat next to them, and a few even made cow sounds, snickering as I tried to fight back my tears. A popular boy at my school, Peter, stuck out his leg and tripped me as I walked. I stumbled forward a few feet, listening to the kids around me giggle and finally found an empty seat near the back of the bus. I scooted in, almost not even fitting between the seats. As I sat, I felt something wet soak through my pants. One sniff of the air, told me what I'd sat in. Puke. No wonder this seat was empty. I groaned and slide over to the outside of the seat, praying I would have no more bad luck today, and wiped a single tear from my eye as the other kids in the bus taunted me, calling me rude names and laughing at everything about me.

We arrived at school and I waited for everyone to get off the bus before I made a run for the locker room. Okay I won't lie; I was going to walk as briskly as my short plump legs allowed me to. I got to the locker room and pulled out my clean clothes, checking to see if there was anyone else in the room with me. When I was satisfied that I was alone, I pulled off my pants, exposing my long panties, the ones that cover your tummy too, a little fat concealing technique. As I bent over, facing my locker to pull my pants on, I heard someone giggle and saw a flash of light. I pulled my pants up and whipped around to see what and who it was, but there was no one there. I shrugged, considering the noise and light to be part of my imagination, and headed for my first class.

The bell rang, signaling the end of 1st period and I headed for my second class. It took me ten minutes to walk to the other side of the campus, and when I walked into the classroom, late, my teacher gave me an annoyed look, motioning for me to take a seat. I watched as the minutes slowly went by, class was a bore. No one cares about the dead guy who invented a light bulb; we have light now, that's all the matters. History was a drag.

"Hey Autumn." The boy behind me whispered, tapping me on the shoulder. It was Josiah; he lived in the house next to mine, in fact, if you looked out of my window, you'd see into his.

"What?" I whispered back, turning around to look at him. His round blue eyes bore into mine, the muscles in his jaw tight as he pressed his teeth together. He was 5' 11" and was built rather nicely. Today he was wearing a tank top, his huge arm muscles showing. He leaned forward once more, breaking my gaze from his masculine body, and I blushed, realizing he'd been watching me, watching him.

"This is from Stacey." He said quietly and handed me the note, motioning toward Stacey. I took it from him and turned around. I unfolded it and saw a giant ass, in granny panty looking underwear, sitting on top of a giant pair of thighs, connecting to flabby calves and little tennis shoes. I gasped, covering my mouth with my hand. It was me, bending over in the locker room. I turned and looked at Stacey, tears forming in my eyes. She made two fists and shook them near her cheeks making a sad face. She was mocking me, crying. A tear fell onto my chest and she smiled devilishly and waved her camera at me.

Lucky for me, the bell rang. I rushed out of the classroom headed for the cafeteria. I walked in and people started to turn and laugh at me, pointing as they stared at pieces of paper. I looked around the lunchroom as everyone had finally turned and looked at me. Someone close to me turned their piece of paper around so I could see what it was they were looking at. The same picture that Stacey had given me in class, she has graciously made a thousand copies of and handed out to everyone. I couldn't hold back the tears now, they came unguarded. I turned around and made my way, the best I could for the exit, tripping over Peter's outstretched leg. AGAIN. This time I fell flat onto my stomach.

"Good thing she has all that fat to catch her!" Peter shouted and the cafeteria filled with the laughter of my school mates. I couldn't handle it anymore, I walked home sobbing.

I sat down on my bed for a few minutes, trying to gather my senses and calm down. I couldn't. I walked out the backyard and entered my fathers' tool shed.

I found what I was looking for. I tugged at it, making sure it was sturdy. It seemed it was, several thousand strands making one giant strand and twisting with 4 other thick strands to make one big thick rope. I burst into my room, holding my rope and swung it over the support beam in my unfinished house. I swung the rope over the beam again, pulling it tight and testing the sturdiness of the support beam by pulling down on the rope. Sturdy enough, I thought, satisfied. I tied a loose knot and tested its sliding ability. As long as it got the job done, I didn't care. As I walked into the kitchen to retrieve a chair, the doorbell rang. I looked through the window at Josiah and shook my head, motioning for him to go away and continued with the chair to my room.

I set the chair up under the rope and stood up, sliding the noose around my neck, tears falling down my already tear stained face, I knocked the chair out from under me and swung back and forth, the tips of my feet touching the floor. I had problems, firstly, I was disappointed and secondly, I had neither enough room to hang, nor enough grip on the floor to get down. I was stuck, gasping for air, my toes brushing the floor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, if that's the way she wants to be, I won't bother to knock anymore. I walked around the side of her house, and slid her already slightly open window up, hopping in as I had done since we were young.

There she was, my childhood best friend, my mud-pie making buddy, hanging from the ceiling, running out of air, her eyes starting to roll back into her head.

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed, pulling my phone from my pocket and dialing 9-1-1 as I rushed over to her, pulling my pocket knife from my other pocket. I held the phone between my shoulder and my ear, leaning my head, as I cut the rope and Autumn fell on to the floor, unconscious.

"9-1-1, is this an emergency?" A woman with a high pitch voice asked.

"Yes it is, please send an ambulance. My friend just tried to hang her self." I said and quickly gave her the address, wondering what kind of emergency operator would ask if it was an emergency.

Autumn wasn't breathing. I leaned over and pinched her nose, tilting her head back and breathing into her mouth twice. I placed my hands just above her rib cage and pumped, counting 30 of them. No response. I breathed twice more into her mouth and cried as I pumped.

"Come on Autumn. You can do this. Please, please." I sobbed, not breaking my rhythm. No response. I did the repetition again and again and again. I wasn't counting but I thought I was on my 7th rep.

The door burst open and the paramedics came in and surrounded Autumn, pushing me off to the side. One called for an oxygen mask and another gave it to him.

"Oxygen mask? That's a good sign right?!" I asked, trying to get someones attention.

"Stay back son." The guy who was bent over Autumn shouted as they picked her up and placed her on a gurney. I followed them out and watched as they put her in the ambulance.

That was the last time I saw her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soooo... This is something I thought I'd add to on my free time. Sometimes there are things that are in my head that don't fit with the other two stories I'm writing.. So I'll just add it onto here. lol It's like my venting piece I guess. I think everyone should have one! =] Anyways...There's actually a chapter 2 also but I forgot to put it on my jumpdrive. [shrugs] <3Jazzie