Chapter 5~ Anxious Voyage

«What?!» 

That's it. That's how you describe the Doctor's and Lizzie's life. That is how you describe everything that has to do with the couple.

Coughing the two Time Lords, jumped on their feet, the Doctor throwing away further on the floor the life preserver the duo found earlier. Then they started off, in different directions, around the console.

Pressing various controls on different sides of it —Lizzie having to pull some levers the Doctor pushed up, down and some buttons he turned on, off— they eventually succeeded closing the TARDIS's wall, pushing the ship out.

The Doctor then materialized it within the Titanic, and straight away darted off towards the time machine's doors, Lizzie following. «You know, Doctor, if out there there is really what we think there is, bringing that life preserver along wouldn't hurt.» she called, as the Time Lord reached the doors. He then flew them open and stepped out in a what seemed like a closet supply.

«What?!» he once again confusingly uttered, looking about, as he held the TARDIS door open, waiting for Lizzie to exit, while his eyes kept scanning the place they currently found theirselves in.

As the girl stepped out, he shut the door behind her, still looking around in confusion, Lizzie joining, she too brushing some dust off of her white shirt.

«Whelp. We - are - in - a - supply closet.» Lizzie exposed the already exposed facts, pressing her lips in a tight line as she intertwined her hands in front of herself.

The Doctor kept looking around «D'you think it could be...?» 

The girl shrugged «I dunno. You know, I can't really tell that from a supply closet

The Doctor, finally tearing his gaze away from the not so vast landscape, looked at the girl —who was still brushing the dust off— and glared at her a disapproving though playful glare, that because of the sarcastic comeback she made seconds ago.

She didn't notice at first, concentring her look on her shoulder. But as she did, she stopped and raised a brow. «What?» she innocently asked, her voice raising higher.

He shook his head at her, smiling in the slightest as he looked once again up. Lizzie contained a chuckle, as she turned around to face the TARDIS and, peering from the corner to see if her left side was damaged or not, patted it gently.

«Coming?» The Doctor's voice caused Lizzie to crane her neck and look at him. He was holding the door of the cupboard open for her with one hand, while his other one was in the pocket of his trousers.

«Yes! Let's run to our deaths, shall we?» Lizzie said, with a fake sarcastic grin plastered on her face, as she approached the Doctor and stood in front of him, then dropping her grin.

He smiled apprehensively down at her. «Try to contain all that enthusiasm, darling.»

She couldn't help but stick her tongue out at him, as she passed by him and out of the cupboard.

«Oh, how very mature.» the Doctor called, before following behind, hands in his pockets.

«Says the man who wears fezzes.»

He stopped to frown. «I don't wear fezzes.»

Lizzie, taking ahold on a door handle, craned her neck to look at him «You will one day.» she said, as she swung the door open. She then straightened up and with a fake grin —that kind that waiters in a restaurant wear— plastered on her face, indicated the door. «Ladies First.»