F O U R T E E N | What A Fun Day

{Pic of Brittany. Edited.}

Song: Lay Me Down

Artist (s): Sam Smith

Some days you just have to create your own sunshine.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

I'm not ready to be Luna. I know that. First of all the pressure on me, would have me on my knees and secondly who knows, whether I would be accepted after my secret is out. I'm afraid. But what of? We are never afraid of what we think we are fearing. When people say they are afraid of the dark, they're actually afraid of what's in it. When they say they're afraid of heights, they're afraid actually of falling. When they say they're afraid of the people around them, they're actually afraid of getting rejected. When they say they're afraid of love, they're actually afraid of not being loved back. When they're afraid to let go, they're actually afraid to grasp the reality of the person leaving. And when they say they're afraid of trying again, they're actually afraid of getting hurt for the same reason. 

As for me. When I say I'm afraid of being Luna, I'm actually afraid of the harm I would bring my Pack. I can't afford to hurt them. As their Luna it is my job to protect them, not harm them. Last night, Alpha in-directly accepted me but that doesn't being we were all lovey-dovey. We were exactly the same as before. He wouldn't talk to me and I didn't try to talk to him. 

"You sure, you okay?" Alec asked once again. 

"Alec, I'm perfectly fine." I sighed. 

"You don't seem okay. You've been very quiet since last night. Quiet Ali is not normal Ali" He opened the canteen door for me. 

"Thank you" I walked through it before continuing the conversation. 

"It's because I've been thinking about some stuff" I've always hung around Alec, but never have I ever mentioned that I had a Mate. It just never came to mind. It's about time I told him. 

"Like? Listen Ali, I've been worried sick about you. It's my job to protect you" Alec said as he grabbed a bottle of mineral water before heading to the counter. 

"I know it is and I'm sorry for worrying you. Listen, let's just go sit down and I'll explain" I suggested he nodded leading me to an empty table. We didn't have a fixed table, we just took the nearest empty one.

"Explain" he demanded. I opened my bottle of water, taking a sip before talking.

"I've found my mate" I slowly whispered. Alec choked on his drink. My eyes widened and I jumped out of my seat rubbing his back. Nearby people stared on.

"You okay?" I sat back down. Alec wiped the back of his hand over his mouth, glaring at me.

"When did you find him? You're not even eighteen yet!" He whispered back harshly.

"Well, I wasn't sure if he was my Mate, until a few days ago." I started to explain. "I know, which is why the bond isn't as strong, but it's still there." I finished.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He looked down at the table. I took his hands in mine.

"Because first off, it wasn't confirmed and secondly it completely slips my mind whenever I'm with you." I answered truthfully. He sighed nodding.