Protection.

"Well this is certainly unusual, you coming in here willingly Mr. Friar." Ms. Davenport said with a smile. The first genuine smile that Lucas had seen since he started going to school here.

"Yes, it is out of the ordinary." He responded and sat up straighter in his chair, "If I ask you something, could you keep it between us?"

"Are you okay Lucas?"

The quarterback was unsure if it was curiosity or sincere concern but he asked again, "Can you keep it between you and I? The principal needs no knowledge of this."

She furrowed her brows and leaned forward in her desk. "Yes, I can keep this conversation between you and I what's going on?"

"I need to be transferred into these classes during these class periods." The green eyed man leaned over the desk to pass her Riley's schedule that he stole from her locker.

Ms. Davenport glanced at the paper, "This schedule belongs to Riley Matthews."

"Yes ma'am."

"Your girlfriend."

He sighed and rubbed his face, "Trust me Ms. Davenport I'm not wanting to switch classes because she's my girlfriend. She's having trouble with a fellow student and I'm tired of not being able to protect her."

"If she's having trouble with a fellow student than she needs to come report it."

Lucas half smirked and the vice principal was unsure if that should scare her or not. "She has, but when it's Missy Bradford things don't seem to get done around here. Like her getting one day of after school detention for locking my claustrophobic girlfriend in a janitor's closet."

"Ah." She stated and sat back in her chair. Obviously she knew what everyone else knew, that girl was untouchable. "Lucas, it's very noble of you to do this. But, I can't put you in all the same classes-"

"Ms. Davenport please, I'm begging you."

"Let me finish." The brunette replied with a smile, "It isn't because I don't want to but some classes will be full. Where they simply can't accommodate another student. And you are aware these are all AP classes?"

"Yes, I'm an AP student as well."

She bit her lip, "Which classes does she have friends in that can keep an eye on her?"

"Second, third, and fourth."

Second and fourth were classes she had with Maya, and unfortunately this was the week she started ISS. Granted, the blonde didn't really seem to care. To her it was worth it, and everyone was abundantly sure she'd do it again if she got the choice. The only thing she did regret was not staying long enough to see the bruise form. In fact their social group was curious to see if Missy would show up today, if the bruise couldn't be covered up than surely not. "Third is full." Chris is in that class, I trust that she won't go against his judgement again. The mouse clicking was wracking his nerves since that's the only noise that he could hear besides his breathing. "I remember the incident from her freshman year."

"Ma'am?"

Her eyes shifted from the computer screen to the young quarterback and back to the screen. "Mr. Matthews almost lost his job. After he found out his daughter was in the hospital all hell broke loose in this office. Principal David and Mr. Matthews had a 'heart to heart' but it wasn't as sweet as it sounds. That day David lost all respect of his co-workers for allowing his daughter, well step-daughter to act that way."