Secrets Out ;) (Superman Stole My Panties)

This is for the contest. I made it short becuase I know she has other works to read so! Anyways enjoy I worked really hard on this. :) Comment or vote whatever floats you boat.

You never think about when or how you’re going to die. If you'll live to hundred or only a day. That's what all people have in common, we all die, young, old, middle age you just don't know. Then there's the after math. If you die you always leave someone to cry over you. Nobody really knows what it's like to have someone they love die unless they have experienced it first hand.

You  turn corners trying to avoid really admitting that this person is gone, forever. Some people just can't handle it others hide behind it. More than 20,000 people die. Leaving more than 30,000 left to cry.

Well in that moment I knew I had to get away or be left to die.

The pavement was rough on my feet. The black sky hung over my head. I could hear voices swirling around. Old threats, new threats left and right.

“You look good in red”

“Superman’s not going to save you know.”

My breathing came out in rugged pants. My feet were getting sore and I felt a rock cut deep into an open flesh. I was leaving bloody foot prints. My mind wandered from left to right. I detected that I was actually lost this time. The forest felt like it was opening up and swallowing me whole. This voice wouldn’t leave me alone it was my enemy.

            “Come out come out where every you are Avery.” The tone taunted.

I lurched slightly to my right, stepping off the fairly cleared pathway and into lush green ferns and brush that seemed to spring up from every square inch of ground. My adrenaline had kicked in, along with and I felt like my airway was clenched together.

Whatever was targeting me was right behind me. I looked back but could just make out shadows dancing in the trees weaving in and out behind me, just one foot back.

And then I tripped, not all the way, I didn’t fall though. I did stumbled and hard. Just as my body was about to go down, at the very last second my hand shot out just in case I did fall. But I kept going.

I regained my balance more quickly than I would have thought possible. I saw a glimpse of him he was wearing all black and one thing was certain:

He was a killer. And he was after me.

I heard his footsteps eating up the ground I ran as fast as was humanly possible.

My foot caught against something sticking up from the ground, and I fell. The fall was long, and hard. I felt my leg twist in an awkward position as I landed on the ground. I hit the ground with a surprisingly loud thud that forced every ounce of air from my body. My head ached, although I couldn’t tell if it had been the fall or it has always been there. My body felt battered and bruised. My lungs were burning with the fiery strain, and the stitch in her side was clutching tightly.

Like the sky’s opened up and it started pouring. I didn’t have the energy to get up. My now wet hair was sticking to my face. It seemed like everything stopped:

A voice, a familiar one.

“AVERY!” Superman called.

I wanted to cry with relief, not sure that I should even be relieved to hear him. But I couldn’t help feeling relieved at the sound of his voice.

Over here! I yelled. I’m over here!” I yelled. I clutched the mask I now realized I had. But it was too late. A shadow loomed over me and I yelled in surprise. The dark abyss swallowed me whole a world of nothing.

I woke up with a silent scream. Hair was sticking to my face and I was breathing hard. The dream felt so real, so alive. It seemed like my body still felt ache. There was a throbbing in my leg.

I was clutching superman’s masked, what I hardened noticed was the hand connecting to the mask. I slowly looked up and saw the outline of superman. He was shocked and trying to get over it.

“Ave-vr-y” he stuttered out. He was trying to take his mask away. Of course I was going to find out who he was before he got the mask back. I reached over to turn on the lamp but as I turned it on his hand clamed over my eyes.

“No!” He said sternly. “You can’t see me!” I did my best to give him a pouty look while being blinded.

“Pwealse” I whispered.

“NO!” He whispered- shouted. He let go of my eyes but I saw he had his mask back on. I racked my brain again. A girl’s secret, (well not really) and favourite weapon: The art of Seduction.

I crawled out in front of him. My thighs were bear and I knew he could see down my shirt. Laughing slightly as I saw him gulp a little his Adams apple bob slightly.

“Please” I asked again with wide eyes.

“N-n-no Aver-y-y” he stuttered. He leaned forward subconsciously. I crawled onto of him and trailed my fingers up his chest. Then I leaned forward and ripped his mask off.

I gasped in shock. Both our expressions mirrored it.

“Y-y—you” I gasped. His dark blue eyes searched mine. They were like a navy blue. I didn’t know how he got it that way or anything. He shook out his black hair. This thick black hair that I ran my hands through. Then realizing something reached up and touched his perfectly sculpted face, I almost liked this guy. I clung tightly to his shirt and stood frozen.

“Say something Av” He whispered. And I said the only thing I could.

“Bentley”