Thunderstorm

A/N: This story follows the character of Lewis Knight, who first appeared earlier in this series. It's worth reading Faking It (One Shots 3.0) and Faking It XXX (One Shots XXX) for context, but this piece also works as a standalone.

'What can I get you?'

    I blinked up at the flight attendant stupidly and then looked back down at the in-flight service menu. I didn't know what she could get me. There'd been three items on the list that all looked good and I hadn't been able to decide, so I'd zoned out instead, staring unseeingly at the back of the seat in front of me and thinking about boys.

    'Just a water, please,' I finally managed to tell her, and she handed me a little paper cup and turned her attention to the guy sitting next to me, who was a functional human, and ordered a sandwich. My stomach rumbled uncomfortably, but at least I knew nobody would hear it over the sound of the engines. I really should have just picked up some candy after I'd gone through security back at the airport. This always happens.

    It's part of the reason I went vegetarian a year ago. It really narrows down the available options in restaurants and when I'm getting take-out. Often, there's only one thing on the menu I can eat, which is how I like it. My parents were less than pleased because my mom thinks that vegetarians' stomachs shrink in and collapse on themselves and my dad didn't want to have to listen to her droning on about that all the time. Lilah was the only one who Got It, because Lilah, more often than not, is the one who has to put up with my indecisiveness.

    Like when she was bugging me to make a decision about whether I was going to come out or not. She pointed out that not making a decision was basically deciding to, you know, stay in, or whatever, and that made me very uncomfortable. I didn't want to stay in.

    'So, come out then.'

    But no. That was uncomfortable too.

    So yeah, the only one who knew, up until a few months ago, that I had it hot for boys as well as girls, was my twin sister. Then I made the mistake of letting her drag me to Teddy Fisher's pool party over Spring Break and while she took off to play tonsil hockey with Hunter Lawson, I was trapped alone with Ezra Parker, and when the hottest boy at school is flirting with you, holding your hand and asking you to "play on his team," well, you flirt back.

    Which was all for nothing anyway, since when I tried to actually make a move he told he had a boyfriend. Which was the single most embarrassing thing that had ever happened to me, right up until I found out that that boyfriend was Hopkins Prep It Boy Asher Lynn.

    Hunter is friends with both of them though and he keeps saying it wasn't my fault, that Asher and Ezra together didn't make any sense and he didn't believe it himself until after Spring Break.

    So basically I tripped and stumbled out of the bisexual closet and ended up falling flat on my ass in front of everyone because Ezra wasn't there to catch me. That had been a fun fallout to deal with.

    My best friend Rufus Booth was pissed at me. I'd managed to avoid him for the rest of Spring Break, knowing that the fact that I'd hardcore flirted with a Senior boy and been rejected was circulating the Sophomore class like a rash, but he'd caught up with me at the beginning of the first day back and punched me, hard, on the arm.

    I'd yelped and grabbed my bicep, leaning into my open locker to stifle the sounds of my pain because, you know, my dignity.

    Not that I'd had much of that left at the time.

    'You've been avoiding me,' he'd said accusingly.

    'Yeah,' I'd agreed. There was no point in lying.