Chapter Four

Chapter Four

"We're going far away where they can't find us!" Vernon shouted as he shoved Dudley and Harry into their car.

"Wait!" Harry shouted, trying to get out of the car. But it was too late, Harry's horrible uncle had slammed the car door shut behind him and locked it. Harry's heart dropped. How long were they going to be gone? When will they get back? All those questions erupted through Harry's mind, and he prayed that all the answers would be good. Vernon climbed into the car and slammed his door shut. He pulled his seat belt on and raced down the driveway, the car lurching left and right as he drove down the streets.

"Uncle Vernon, where are we going?" Harry asked.

"Far far away from here! Hehe! You should've said good-bye to that little girlfriend of yours when you had the chance!" Vernon chuckled as if he had lost his mind. Harry's face began to turn as red as a tomato.

"S-she's not my g-girlfriend." Harry stuttered. Vernon just laughed as he continued to drive.

"Well that's too bad! Since you won't ever see her again!" Vernon shrieked as the tires squealed on the pavement. Harry's heart shattered into a million pieces. Never see Chloe again? Harry could feel tears began to boil out of his eyes, but he just looked out of the window, determined not to let the Dursleys see him in such a weak state.

Chloe looked out the window of the tree house, trying to decide what was going on. She watched as the Dursley's car quickly drive away, Harry in the back seat. Her heart skipped a beat. What on Earth was happening? She quickly climbed down the rope ladder and ran to into her house. As she entered the room, she suddenly stopped in her steps. Standing before her, talking to her aunt, was a huge giant man. He had long black hair and a long bushy black beard. He looked like he was eight feet tall. He wore a long brown jacket the reached the floor, black combat boots, dark brown trousers, and a black cotton shirt. She just stood there, her mouth hanging open. The giant turned to look at her, and a huge grin appeared on his face.

"Chloe!" he said happily and wrapped his arms around her, enveloping her in a huge hug. She looked over his shoulder at her aunt, a small smile on her care-taker's face. After the man set Chloe down, she gave him a skeptical look.

"I'm sorry, but I don't believe we've met." she said to him. He just chuckled.

"Of course we've met. Me and yer older brother were best friends, him and I." he said to Chloe. She  gasped.

"You...you knew my brother?" she asked him as she took a seat at the kitchen table. The man sat in a chair beside her.

"Ey, not only yer brother, but yer parents as well." he said to her. Her jaw dropped. The man chuckled and extended his huge hand that seemed to be as big as a baseball glove.

"The name's Rubius Hagrid." he said as she shook his hand. She just stared at him, unsure of what to say or which question to ask first as they all became jumbled in her mind.

"Hagrid, what's going on? Why exactly are you here?" I asked him. He chuckled and handed me a letter with my name on it.

"Your aunt told me about what happened with Harry's uncle. Vernon, I hate that grumpy little fellow. He was always a stubborn fool. Anyway, here's another letter to replace the one Vernon ripped up." he said, extending the letter in Chloe's direction. She took it with a shaky hand and slowly ripped it open, pulling the letter from within the parcel. She read out-loud:

"Dear Ms. Johnson,

we are happy to inform you that you have been accepted into the Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. The beginning of the first term begins on September 1st. All students must be equipped with one standard sized pewter cauldron, a wand, a black wizard/witch robe, and may bring if they desire, a cat, an owl, or a toad.

We can't wait for your arrival.

Sincerely,

Professor Dumbledore

Professor McGonagall

Professor Snape

Professor Flitwick

Professor Sprout

Professor Quirrel"

she read, then whistled in shock.

"Wow, a lot of professors." she said, causing Hagrid to chuckle. He stood up from his seat and pulled a watch from his pocket, looking at the time.

"Well, we're a bit behind schedule. But if we pick up Harry soon, we'll be back on time before we know it." he said and began to walk out the door. Chloe just sat there, confused. She didn't know what to do. Was she supposed to go with this strange man she had just met? Hagrid noticed her pause, and looked at her for a second.

"Unless you would like to stay 'ere." he said to her. Chloe looked over at her aunt, waiting for her to say something. But she just stood there, a blank expression on her face.

"You may go, sweetie. No one is stopping you." she said, fighting back tears. Chloe stood up and wrapped her small arms around her aunt, then, after a moment, followed Hagrid out of the house and into the streets of England.