Dimensional Wars-part 1

The war started in the Dimension "X", my home dimension, that was until we discovered Warp. Warp allowed us to break through the dimensional barrier. That was when everyone from my home world tried to escape into the next dimension. Most of us made it through, but the Warp Gate was destroyed by rebel forces, stranding us here without any hope. This world that we are on is rich with wild life, but we have no idea whether or not there is any hostile life to attack us. I'm hoping there isn't, but there is no way to be sure. My name is Jimmy Yugotory, and I am part of the Xenon Retaliation Unit, and I am here to protect the ones I love.

"Jimmy, get to the front lines!" I was ordered. I grabbed my Carbine and rushed to the barricades, firing on the rebel forces that were advancing on our position.

"Suppressing fire!" I yelled out, firing on the soldiers who started to take cover from the bullets.

"Let's go, the Warp Gate's open. All units are pulling back!" The General ordered us. I started back for the tunnel leading to the Warp Gate when an explosion behind me sent me to the ground. I looked back and saw a Battle Cruiser flung above. I heard the Ion Cannon charging and picked myself up, running for the tunnel and through the Warp Gate. Once I was through the Warp Gate we shut it down, just to be sure that no one else came through. We explored the area in our Military Rovers, looking for an area to set up in and build a new home. We set up on a plateau and built out of the materials that we could find, nothing like what we had back home, but it was enough to call home. We sent our Battleship into space to survey around us, not sure what was out there in this dimension.