Chapter Thirteen

Hii guys! Thanks for all the reads :D I'm not doing as bad as I thought. Just wanted to let yall know that I might not update as often as I used to but I'll try :)

The first season 9 episode of Criminal Minds airs on the 25th!!!!!! Anyone excited as me?! No? Okay.

Here yu go, Chapter Thirteen :) Happy reading!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waking up, it feels like I haven't slept at all; my eyelids are heavy and I am really disorientated. I'd had a nightmare. It wasn't as bad as the ones I'd recently experienced but dreadful nonetheless.

Groaning, I get out of bed to get ready for school. The cold air drifts in from my open bedroom window, making me reconsider my outfit for the day. I settle for a striped white and purple long-sleeved top, black skinny jeans, and a purple cardigan,  which I decide to match with ankle boots, a bronze-like studded belt and a pair of silver studs.

Along the sides of my vanity mirror are pictures of Roxi, Frankie and myself together with a few family photos and self-portraits. I look so happy in all of them and looking at my reflection in  the mirror it's not easy to believe I went through and still is, going through such tribulation. It's still the same girl, of course, but most people wouldn't realise that my smile doesn’t come as smoothly as before. That I've developed an inability to actually concentrate; that my mind is almost always filled with anxious thoughts. With a loud sigh, I walk to the window. I see Mrs Parker watering her flowers- which she loves oh, so dearly, and successfully convinces me and my mum to plant in our garden every year. They always, eventually start to wither and she offers some more. It's like constantly doing the same thing hoping for a different outcome. Which is stupid.

 ~

"You don't look that excited for your birthday tomorrow," Roxi says to me.

"But don’t worry, we have something fun planned for you," Frankie adds in a mischievous tone. I look warily at her, blinking in disbelief. Fun.

When we get to my locker I take my textbooks out for first and second period.

"Fran, we all know your definition of 'fun' is not exactly mine," I comment.

"Trust me, you'll like this. Its Roxi-approved too." She smiles. I simply roll my eyes at her.

Things between the three of us have recently been strained because of the whole Scott thing but there are times when it's easy to forget about it.

"By the way, I asked your mum if you could stay over at mine-"

"-When did you do that?" I ask, my voice getting high pitched. Frankie really wanted me to stay over at her house?!

"She wasn't thinking of course," Roxi amends with the corners of her lips twitching and her green eyes shining.

"Eish, don't freak. He's been staying over at a friend's." She doesn't need to tell me who he is.

"We both think it'll help you, you know"-she gestures with her hand-"move on." Roxi pleads with her eyes for me to understand. A brief flush of anger courses through me before I realise what they're actually saying. I still myself for a moment, then say, "Look, guys, I get what you're trying to do. Okay? But…I don’t know, I need time to think about it…and there's no way my mum's agreed." I hope they buy it but of course they've known me for so long and they don’t.

"She already has, so stop avoiding it. Sandra"-Frankie's mum-"has already talked to her about it."

"Mmmhmm," Frankie nods. "My mum said she'll 'keep an eye on you' for your mum."