Birds&Bees: Three

________________________________

Birds&Bees:||Chapter Three= Spilling the Beans

-------------------

The silence that loomed over the room was deafening. Fear and worry coursed through my veins as I held on tightly to Jensen's hand. I was pretty sure my heartbeat could be heard by everyone in the room.

I was almost terrified to meet the faces of my family. We had just split the beans about my pregnancy to my family. And by spilt the beans, I mean, I stuttered like a fool about it until Jensen got annoyed and just told everyone.

"So..." My mom started, obviously at a loss for words still.

"I'm sorry." I managed to whisper, my heart feeling as if it was about to burst from my chest.

"How did this happen?" My dad muttered to himself, looking disappointed.

"I'm sure you know the answer to that." Jensen snapped, rolling his eyes.

My hand shot out and smacked him across the back of his head. I couldn't help the glare that formed on my face. Despite the situation, Jensen was still acting like a dickhead.

Jensen gave me a glare to rival my own as he rubbed his head. I honestly didn't understand what was going through his head at the moment. This was serious matter and he still had to act like a grade A ass. Couldn't he see how upset my family was?

The sound of a snicker caused me to forget what i was going to say. I looked up at my mom and found her trying to hold back a laugh. Dad, Dustin, and I all looked at her in disbelief.

How the heck was she laughing at a time like this?!

"What the hell, Mom?!" Dustin snapped, anger thick in his voice.

"Jennifer!" Dad retorted, surprise clear in his voice. "This is NOT a laughing matter!"

"Don't patronize me, Roger. I know that!" Mom snapped. "And you better watch you tone, young man!"

"Then what are you laughing at?!" Dad asked while Dustin rolled his eyes.

Mom turned to face me, ignoring both Dad and Dustin. She gave Jensen and me a kind smile, which completely worried me.

This was defiantly not how I was expecting her to react. She looks almost happy at the news. I stole a quick peek at Jensen and, like always, he didn't seem to care.

"So what do you two plan to do?" My mom asked.

"Um... well I was planning on keeping him." I mumbled, looking down at my hands.

"I don't want anything to do with it." Jensen said, causing me forget my fear of my parents and smack him again.

"I already told you that you don't have a choice, you idiot. You helped put him in there; you're gonna help support him!"

"I didn't ask you to get pregnant! Hell, i didn't even wanna bang you!!!"

Fury swarmed over me like tiny fire ants leaving a flaming trail behind. I shot up from the sofa, releasing Jensen's hand.

How dare he sit here and act like the victim!

I took a deep, soothing breath to calm myself before I looked Jensen straight in the eyes. I could feel my family's worried gazes on me, but i blocked them all out.

"I didn't ask for this either, asshole. But it happened. So pick your balls up off the floor, man up, and help me with our child."

And with that, i turned on my heel and stormed off to my room.

_____________________________________

Light knocking snapped me out of my tearful state. Grudgingly, I got of bed and walked to my door. I was hoping to avoid any contact with my family until tomorrow. I felt sick to my stomach and my emotions were in a whirlwind.

Taking a deep breath, I pulled the door open and came face to face with my brother. Fear and heartache consumed me as I felt the tears immediately fill my eyes. He was honestly the last person I wanted to see right now. The anger in his eyes was more than enough to paralyze me.

"Please dont hate me!" I cried, as i threw myself into his arms.

Dustin's arms automatically encased me. Tightening my hold, i felt myself being lifted into his arms. The tears silently rolled down my cheek.

I felt as if my heart was breaking. All the worry and fear i had built up since I took that first test was finally breaking free. And i didn't know how to stop it. Hell, i didn't know if i wanted too.

Something cold and smooth invaded my senses as Dustin gently laid me back. Without even looking up from his chest, i knew we were in his room. I waited, and cried, as Dustin fixed us on

his bed so he could hold me comfortably.

"Kenzie..." Dustin hesitated.

It took me awhile before i could mutter a quiet, 'yeah?'

"What are we going to do?"

Relief filled me as what he asked registered in my mind. 'We' he had said. That meant he wasn't going to abandon me. He didn't hate me.

Knowing I had his support was enough to take the weight off my shoulders. I knew that i would be able to do this.

"Well, i want to keep him." I said, my voice stronger this time.

"What about his dad?"

"I want him in his life, Dustin. This baby deserves to have both his parents. I refuse to do this alone."

"You can't force him to be there."

"No, but i can sure as hell try."

Dustin sighed as he shook his head, no doubt at my stubbornness. A loud yawn escaped my lips while I snuggled into his chest. The effects of the day finally wearing down on me.

Once i had gotten into a comfortable position, i felt sleep hit me quickly. The last thoughts I had were of my unborn child and his stubborn father.