Knowing the truth

Hey guys! Sorry for the wait. Here comes chapter 2

Clare

Chapter 2

I hear something. I hear drops of water. Tik, tik, tik, tik.

Slowly, I open my eyes and the first thing I saw is the ceiling. This ceiling seems so familiar. Wait. Am I in my room? I try to sit up and slowly look around. Yes, it is my room. Oh God, so it IS a dream. That never happened, it just a freaky dream. I mean, come on. Us. Flying? My head hurts…

“Natasha, are you awake?”

Somebody slowly open my door and a deep bass voice called my name. With this voice, it only can be one person.

“Hey, Jo!” I reply cheerfully. But he just gave me a little and his face seems uncomfortable.

“Are you okay? Is anything wrong? Do you feel something is wrong with your body?”

“No.” Gosh. Why is he so scared like that? This isn’t like Jonathan at all. “I’m fine Jonathan.” I smiled.

“Really?” He almost screamed as he fell to the sit beside me. But then he smile and his face turned to it usual self. Thank God. “I’m glad you’re okay.”

“What actually happen to me?”

“What?”

“What happen to me, Jonathan?”

He froze. Okay, he made me dying to know what just happened. But weird, why can’t I remember anything? Bam. I startled and mom comes in with a weak smile. “Anybody wants dinner?” She asked. Me and Jonathan nodded.

“So, how’s the first day of school?”

“Weird.” I say putting the mash potato into my mouth. I just say that because I felt very hungry when I usually wouldn’t eat dinner. Something weird is going on these days. I think I’m getting sick. I look to the people in front of me notice nobody eat yet. I swallowed and grew silent like them.

“H…How weird dear?” My mom spoke up nervously.

“Okay, I had enough. What is actually hapenning here? Is that something I didn't know?” I push away my plate when they stared at Jonathan.

“It's time for you to know, Nat.”

“Know what?” I said confusingly.

"Well..." My mom started with a nervous tone. "“You… are not really a normal… girl. Well, you’re special I mean. Very special indeed, but how to say this…” She nodded to Jonathan. Why is every word they’ll say they have to make a contact with Jonathan? Is it something only I don’t know?

“It’s my turn now. Hold my hand.” Say Jonathan standing from his chair and hold mine before I could do what he said. “Here we go.”

That feeling again, the sparks in both of my hands tickling me. Just like in the dream. And suddenly we’re not in my house anymore. Suddenly, I think we’re flying in the night sky!! Or more exactly, we’re falling.

Wait a minute, we’re falling?!

“WHAT THE HELL… JONATHAN!” I scream as I close my eyes, ready to bump to the ground. I peek a bit to see his face but he just kept holding my hand. What is happening? Just a meter and we’ll hit the ground under! I hold my breathe, like I’m ready to die. 3…2…1…

Wait. Why didn’t we hit the ground? We should hit the ground right about now. And slowly, I can feel the wind hitting my head. With all of my courage, I open one of my eyes. And I gaze in astonishment. We’re flying!

“Jonathan! We’re flying! We’re flying!” I said with a little scared hugging him. “How can we fly? How? You seriously have a lot to explain to me.” But he just smiled and flies towards nowhere. It should be a romantic scene if I understand what’s happening here. And then, he slowly fly down to the ground. I touch the ground like it’s the first time I walk.

“Okay, so explain everything.”

“Fine. Just promise you won’t laugh.”

“I can’t promise that.” I giggled. But he didn’t even show a smile.

“I’m serious. Okay whatever. So hear me closely Natasha. You are not an ordinary high school girl.” He moved closer to my face. “You and me. We are not ordinary like other people that live their normal life. We are… how should I put it? We are really…” There’s a long pause but then he look straight into my eyes. “A witch.”

Witch? Like those mystical creatures? “ A witch.” I mumbled. What’s wrong with me? Suddenly I felt my whole body froze and that sparks again. It came back tickling my hands. I can’t control anything that I do. Everything turns purple, and I saw the trees and the plants around me started pulling away from the ground. It’s like a huge chaos. A huge storm. But the weird thing is, me.

I didn’t move even a bit and I feel so, angry? Jonathan looked at me shockingly. He was about to be blown off by the wind. Don’t! I have to fight. “Natasha!” He said coming closer and he hugged me. And like magic, everything stopped. I finally can take control of my body again. What just happened again? I still don’t understand. I felt so weak.

“I want to go home.” I said.