Chapter 1 ~ Sherlock Holmes

Iris Adair's POV

"Bye Mum, I love you!" I yell out the window of the cab that was taking me to the airport.

"I love you too! Bye Iris!" She yelled back at me waving.

I waved one last time, before I sat down in the seat of the cab, and sighed. I was going to America, a whole ocean away from home. "But its only for three months.'' I thought to myself.

We arrived at the airport about twenty minutes later, the cabbie helped me carry my luggage into the airport. I thanked and paid him for helping me. Only twenty minutes later, the plane was off and we were on our way to America.

At sunset I looked out the window of the plane, the ocean turned orange like a fire but only calmer. My eyes began to droop, i was really tired. I zipped up my jacket and drifted off to sleep.

I was awoken by one of the flight attendants, " Twenty minutes till we land." she said.

"Thanks." I replied with a smile.

I sat up and looked out the window, it was dawn. I yawned and sat back for the rest of the flight.

We landed soon enough, I got my two suitcases and looked around the airport. I saw a couple they were holding a sign that read," Iris Adair"

The woman had medium length red hair, and light blue eyes, the man she was with had short brown hair and hazel eyes. I walked to them dragging my luggage behind me.

"Are you Iris Adair?" the woman asked.

"yes." I answered smiling.

"Well I'm Jennifer and this is Mike my husband, and we are your new guardians until you go back to London." the woman said.

"Pleasure to meet you." I said

"Well lets go to the bank and get your money converted into dollars." Mike said taking my heavy suitcase.

"Okay." I said following behind with my smaller suitcase.

two hours later at the bank...

"How much do you have?" the person behind the counter asked.

"Three-hundred pounds." I reply handing him the envelope.

"that will get you, four hundred seventy-five dollars, and fifty-six cents." he says handing me a bigger envelope.

"Thankyou." i say turning around and following Mike out the door.

"Now we need to go to your new school and set up your schedule for tomorrow, but we will have to wait an hour until the school opens." Mike said unlocking his car.

"Okay.'' I said getting in the passenger side, which was not on the left... "american cars." I thought to myself Sarcastically.

An hour later...

We pulled into the parking lot of a huge building, and parked in the visitors parking. We got out of the car and went into the building.

First we went into the office and paid my fees, then we went to the councilor's office to set my schedule.

We sat down in the councilor's office next to his desk.

" Aren't you the new student from London?" he asked.

"Yes." I replied

" so you need to set your schedule, right?" he asked

"Yeah." i said

"Okay," he said turning the computer screen towards me, " the highlighted classes are the ones you can take."

I scrolled down, and I saw a Medical Terminology course.