Chapter 9

Rows of steel locker aligned on either side of the narrow hallway filled with teenagers.

At the end of the hallway Emma stood confused staring at the scene before. The hallway was an exact replica of the science hallway in her high school.

What was she doing here anyways? Emma thought as she moved further down the hallway.

There in the middle of the busy hallway stood a girl in black jeans and white shirt.

Her wide fearful eyes stared in distance. The loud chatter of lockers banging, student talking and laughing batted against her ears but she remained motionless.

Some students glared at her, some laughed and others just stared at her strangely.

Emma physically felt the girl's need to move but her body wouldn't cooperate. She felt her need to scream for help but her throat felt constricted as if some was squeezing it real hard.

After few minutes, the girl's breathing picked up and she practically started hyperventilating but none of the students stepped foward to her rescue.

Emma was enraged at the ass-holes standing there enjoying the show. She wanted to rip their heads off. Gosh kids these days were so damn mean and heartless.

Com'on a fellow student of their was dying right in front of them and they weren't even batting a eye lash. Just enjoying the fucking show like it was some sort of circus.

Growling Emma moved forward towards the poor girl who was just about to pass out. The girl's body shook with every breath she took at that point.

Emma was just few steps away from her when she halted in her tracks.

She could never forget that body or that piercing gaze of his.

Ethan...

She could easily tell him apart from the rest of the crowd anywhere, anytime.

He stared right into Emma's eyes as he approached the girl, his muscular arms shot out to wrap around the girl's slender waist. Emma gasped as if she physically felt the electricity of his touch.

Ethan's burning gaze never left Emma even for a second as carefully gently pulled the girl back into his chest.

The girl immediately relaxed in his arms. She dropped her head against his well defined shoulder. Still starring into Emma's eyes, Ethan buried his face into the girl's neck.

The girl shuddered and so did Emma as if Ethan was nuzzling her. She could practically smell that intoxicating smell of his mixed with his stupid leather jacket.