Chapter 2

Liams POV:

I ran out of school. I just wasn't in the mood. I was feeling particularly sad today anyways. I didn't want to slip up and tell, and with someone begging me to do so, I wouldn't be able to keep up the lies. So I had to walk out.

Mrs. Greenleaf stomped behind me again, and grabbed my wrist to make me stop. I immediately pulled back, in a not so gentle way. I didn't mean to pull away that hard, its just an immediate reaction now. She seemed surprised at how fast and forceful I was to get away from her grip.

"Liam... If I ask you something will you tell me the truth?" she asked, in a nice tone. To be honest, ive never heard her speak that way to me. Ever. "Uhh.. Sure?" I answered more as a question. "Does someone.. You know.. At home, beat you?" she slowly asked.

S H I T

Nobody, and I mean, nobody, has EVER been able to guess my actual situation. I really thought nobody ever really would. WHAT DO I SAY?! IVE NEVER PLANNED THIS ON HAPPENING. IM PANICKING. FUCK THIS.

I turn back around, and start to walk out of school again. I could say nothing. I wouldn't be able to lie to that question, and I most certainly cant say yes, even though its true.

I turn around, and her jaw is to the floor. She's stiff, and wide eyed. She knows the answer is yes.

I walk around town all day until school is over. I sigh as I walk back home, knowing there is a beating in store, even though I haven't done anything wrong.

*

I silently closed the front door. Hoping he wont hear me. I look up, and all of the sudden, he has my neck. My father is pushing me against the wall, choking me. "Good job," he starts. "I got a call from the school today asking if I beat you" his grip around my neck gets tighter. Air. I need air.

He lets go, and shoved me to the ground. You have no idea how great it was to actually breathe again. "YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST GO TELLIN ANYONE YOU WANT ABOUT WHAT GOES ON AROUND HERE?!" my father hollers as loud as he possibly can, and kicks my stomach as hard as he can.

His foot kept colliding with my stomach, over and over again. All I could do is wish that he would stop soon. He stepped back and accidentally stepped on my wrist. I winced in pain. I guess that gave him an idea, because he started to kick my wrist and stomp on it.

He finally finished with that. I hope that's all for tonight. But of course not, he turned around and did the same thing he did to my wrist, to my ankle. Please, please can I die? I beg you, just kill me now.

He stepped close to my face and knelt down. A couple face punches and some insults and he was actually done. I lay there. About to pass out. Feeling the aching pain, all over my body.

*

In the morning, I woke up, to another day. I sat up, against the wall. I lifted my shirt up to see the new and improved bruise on my stomach, from last night. It was getting really bad. I put my shirt back down, sighing, and trying to get up.

So. Much. Pain. I couldn't stand on the ankle my dad had stomped on last night, so I had to limp. I also couldn't move my wrist. What a fun today this will be. To be honest, beside the fact that last night I got the shit beaten out of me, I feel sick.

I took a really quick shower before my dad woke up. I looked in the mirror and winced at the awful sight. Man, I really just wish I didn't have to go to school. But I wish I could stay home without getting beat. Just fuck this. I hate my life and everything about it. I want to die, I mean my dad says all the time that im nothing more than a waste of space. He said my mother would be ashamed of what ive become today. That im not a good son, and that's why he beats me everyday.