Chapter 1 of the Karabiays- Who woulda thought my best friend killing someone! Help!!!!

Once again i was late. I'm always late but they never care which bothers me the most. How can they not care?

I'm late to work. I never was a good worker. You should see me put colors together when it comes to sweaters, or hanging the right jean sizes on the hook. I always mess up. But they still pay me average and never get mad. Every time i walk in i am bombarded with smiles and hellos. It actually has started to creep me out.

I've been working at the Club for 2 years now. I know every "regular", all the employees and i even memorized the break times for everyone. Yes, you could say I'm that type of dork. But that might just be what kept me with this job.

I had just run through the door when immediately i knew something's different. The funny thing is, when someone is telling a story the scary or surprising thing always happens in the beginning or the end.

I will admit this one begins in the beginning.

So, anyway, what was different was the fact that when I walked in no one smiled at me, or said hello.

"Hey Stacey," I said to the cashier as i walked behind the counter to get my name tag.

She barely looked up from her computer," Hey Belle."

I gave her my confused face," why are you in a bad mood?"

She typed in a few numbers and then moved on with tagging a beater shirt.

"Who said i was in a bad mood?" She only barely gave me a smile. I was never good friends with her but she and I have had our laughs. She always kept the store happy and perky. But today, something was different, she wasn't her usual self.

I rolled my eyes and walked away. I grabbed a load of clothes of the rack next to me and began to attempt to place them in the right spot.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw brown ringlet curls bouncing in the store. I didn't even have to look to know it was my best friend, Elana.

I turned toward her, expecting to get a big hello and the usually happy to be here speech. But no. Who woulda thought?

"Hey," I smiled at her. She gave me a smile back.

"Hey Anna." With that she moved on to the rack on the other side of the room. The realization of what just happened hit me like a slap in the face. Was she avoiding me? And no, I'm not a usually agitated person, but this bothered me. I walked over to her.

"Elly what's up? Are you mad at me?" I tried to get the truth out of her. She shook her head but didn't take her eyes of the clothes rack.

"No. I'm not mad at you," was all she said, and then she moved on to the shoe section.

"Well why are you ignoring me?"

"If I were ignoring you then i wouldn't be talking to you." She quickly glanced up at the 3 doors of the store and looked back down.

She pulled out a box of shoes and took them over to the bench. I followed.

"Ok then why are you in a bad mood too?"

She pulled the shoes out of the box and slid them on her feet. She moved her foot around, seeing if she liked them or not. She gave a quick sharp scope of the store once again and looked at me with worried eyes, trying not to let me notice. Then she stood up and looked into the foot mirror to get an even better look.

She decided she liked them and put them back in the box. She picked the box up and moved on to the next row.

"I don't know," she sighed. So she was in a bad mood and it wasn't me going crazy or anything. But i was worried because this has happened before.