Deep Into The Shadows - Chapter 1

A/N - A quick glance into an idea. Please leave me honest feedback. Much appreicated.

------------------

There was something sinister in the eerie howl of the evening wind, its harrowing chill wrapped tightly around me as I shuffled closer to keep up with my dad.

My stomach clenched with fear, pointless and irrational fear. Truth is, I’m a true coward. I always have been.

As we quickly rounded the corner, the wind struck me with a fierce blow, sending waves of involuntarily shivers violently through me.

I had a terrible feeling of being followed, but with having such a wimpy temperament, I had a regular tendency to be paranoid. I always felt like I was being watched.

The shadowy outline of my dad ahead of me, urged me to catch up, the wind didn’t seem to ruffle him as much as it did me. The brutal strength of the wind fought against me in every way, I was truly struggling to stay on my feet.

The next moment happened quicker than my eyes could register, a man grabbed my dad and threw him impossibly hard against the heavy brick wall. Dust from the wall clouded me as another gust beat violently against me. I felt my body stiffen in terror.

In the blink of an eye, another man appeared before me. I saw him flick a gaze to the man attacking my dad, and in a sudden burst of adrenalin I sprinted towards my dad. The giant man, moved gracefully across to block me off. He took the tiniest step towards me, enabling me to see his face for the first time. Everything about him screamed anger and hostility, his large black eyes, his dirty black hair, the way he leaned in towards me, the look of pure disgust that rippled across his face. He smelt rancid. My stomach rolled in response.

A soul shattering howl of pain erupted from my dad. A noise that made my heart stop cold in my chest. I had to get to him.

I instinctively lunged towards him, but the huge shadow man caught me by the waist. I kicked and pushed against his freakishly strong hold, but I couldn’t break it.

With a sudden push I felt myself being knocked to the ground. Pain slithered through the back of my head. Then nothing but darkness.