Lie to Me | Thirteen

[ I'm soooooo sorry it took me over a week to finally post this. five pages? I hope that will satiate you for the moment and appease to your kinder side. please accept this upload as a peace offering...

     and I have a feeling that some of you will FOR SURE hate me for the next chapter! :'( but it’s all okay XD

     Also, changed it once again. Now it's mystery and suspense :D lol for me!

     Hmm, also, can I please ask for 70 votesbefore I upload the next installment...? 

     And remember, I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo soooooooooooooooooooo flap jacking sorry for the late upload :(  ]

Lie to Me | Thirteen

     “Haylie Emilia O’Neil,” a grumpy voice sternly shouted down the stairs. “I am not happy with you…”

     Oh, crap.

. . .

I quickly whirled around to look at my two uninvited guests. And they had no worry on their faces at all. None. Then they looked to me, wondering why I was standing in the foyer, not moving and panicky eyed. “Haylie…” the stern voice elongated, reminding me exactly why I was panicky. Okay, there were a few reasons why I was panicky about that person, this place and my friends here. I never invited friends over, something that I have adamantly told my parents I would never do. I forgot to clean the kitchen up last night. But, that was all I could think of at the moment. Had I left the TV on or a light on too? They weren’t terrible crimes but still, I was nervous. They could be terrible depending on anything.

     Then, my father started to walk down stairs with heavy clunks of his shoes as they pounded the steps down to the foyer. And in his hands was something I never, ever, ever wanted the man to find. “What the hell-“ he began to cuss me out but as his eye finally found me, they also found my two friends standing behind me. “Oh, hello,” my father greeted with that work smile of his. “I didn’t know we had company.” Quickly, an angry flick of the eyes in my direction. “Halz,” he passively asked, like any friendly father should. “I was just wondering why you had this thing in your room. I’m not mad-“ I gritted my teeth as the wave of pain washed over me in that red sizzle—telling me something that I already knew. “It’s just that, we have talked about this before.”

     “You know,” Baja interjected with a step backwards to the door. “This is probably a bad time.” she hooked a thumb over her shoulder. “I’ll just-“ but my father once again started up his passive rant, freezing the poor girl in the polite but deadly fire.

     “Dispose of this thing,” my father said with disgust as he thrusted it towards me one handed. And that was about the same time that my father reached the landing. I walked over dejectedly and scooped up my little Guardian Angel from his hands. With that all said, my father turned around and left me there with my friends.

     I had no idea what I was going to do with the little black cat as he curled into my arms. I smoothed out the back of his neck from where my father had been holding him and cooed softly. “I’m sorry,” because I was so sorry. Somewhere in my mind, I thought I could keep this little bugger in hiding in my room. Somewhere I had thought that we would be able to stay together until I move out for college. I mean, after all, he was my little guardian angel.

     When I looked up to the two guests, they were looking at me sadly. “I’ll take him if you want.” Baja offered. “I love cats.” She reached out a hand and waggled her fingers in angel’s direction. Then, she hesitantly brought a hand through his fur. “I’m only across the street so it would be fine for you to see him whenever you wanted to.” She gave me a smile.