Afterword

The synopsis was simply taken from the movies and authors that influenced my own writing style: Stephen King, Shake, Rattle & Roll, H.R. Knight...to name a few.

   That plus the fact that I too received a chain 'status post' on facebook with the girl bearing my nick name. It gave me the creeps which set out the halloween special I had to make for my mother page in facebook, Kwento ng Bawat Kabataang Pilipino, or KBKP. 

   Originaly meant to be a one-shot story, the theme prompted me to write it this long...actually I was thinking of making a novel out of it.

  However, 'The CHain: Wag Magpaiwang Mag-isa' is a Three-part Story, first posted in the aforementioned page on facebook.  The plagiarized version had 8 parts, posting it by the scene. Each scene is an isolated case that happened all throughout the chain of murders.

   The first chain was Annie (the ghoul-girl) walking out of the grave by herself and killing off her boyfriend's peers - the ones that bullied her and pushed her into committing suicide.

   The second chain was with Troy's note that he tagged to 15 of his friends, urging them to tag it to 15 others or Annie will find them and torture them for ignoring her. That had set the actual curse.

   There was one glitch, you had to be ALONE for her to kill you. This makes the story not only creepy because of the fact that a walking cadaver comes out to kill you, but because of the psychological aspect of the fear of being alone. I made use of this all throughout the story. 

   While reading it again (for the first time, haven't made any revisions...must be tons of typos running rampant), I saw some things that might confuse a reader. First, is the Annie-Annie. Annie is the ghoul, a Fine Arts student from Ateneo who was also Annie's former friend. Annie's a law student now - about ten years after Annie's death. Simply say that they were freshmen when she committed suicide. 

   Next is the New Manila Police District interview. The death toll on the High school kids is also a completely isolated case which is separate from the Annie chain. It means that the chain is already out there and will eventually go out of control - it might even be sent to YOU one day.

  And lastly, the final chapter. I didn't put in any more descriptive phrases, but it can be easily read as a conversation between two nurses who are also working in the same Mental Institute where Annie was admitted - and tortured to death.  

   As for the final scene having the title 'The Chain', I made it so that the story itself does not have any ending...the curse is still out there...Annie is still going psycho over anyone who tries to ignore her...Anyone...Including you...

That's All!

+LisL+