Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN

REID (P.O.V )

I drummed my fingers nervously on the banister. Prom was tonight-- and so was Tyler's 18th birthday at 11:15 pm.

"Guys! Get the fuck up!" I shouted. They should've been up a few minutes ago. I see them coming down the stairs.

"Jeez, Reid. Did Harry Potter come and do something to you? Talk about mood change," Tyler said.

"Harry Potter can kiss my ass," I retorted as we walked outside. I heard snickers behind me.

"Why is that so funny?" I asked, slipping in the driver's side.

"Damn it, Reid. This is my car. Stop--" Tyler mumbled.

"Shut up, Baby Boy. I'm driving," I told him.

He glared at me.

"Get your own damn car," he growled. I chuckled.

It's no use. We'll bitch on and on about who drives the van. We reached the school and jumped out. Caleb and Pogue were on their phones talking to Kate and Sarah, telling them they'll see them later. I saw Tyler look down at his phone, then look sad.

"What?" I asked.

"Sami can't make it. Her dad's making her stay home."

"Well, cheer up. At least you'll see her tonight," I tell him, then he smacked the back of my head.

"Jeez," I complained rubbing my head. "What the fuck did I do now?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to hit you."

"You are so gonna wish you were dead, Tyler." I growled.

He laughed then began to run.

"Yeah, that's right Baby Boy! Run for your life!" I called after him. "I'm sexy and I know it and you can't help but marvel in my awesomeness!!"

I heard giggling. I turned to see Katia standing there, a hand over her mouth. I leaned down and kissed her. We kissed each other until we were interrupted by an 'ahem'. A teacher glared at us.

"No public play of affection is allowed. No kissing. Please do that on your own time," she said.

I threw an arm around Katia.

"Jeez, PMS much?" I asked her.

Her face turned bright red. "DETENTION, MR. GARWIN!" she yelled.

"Well, you've done it now," Katia said. "I ain't bailing you out."

"C'mon," I say, lifting her chin. "Unless you'd rather join me. Live a little, Katia."

"Hmmmm. Yup. Not happening, sorry," she said.

I groaned then we walked inside. The next few hours were a blur. Kate and Sarah stopped by to pick up Katia. I, of course, had to stay behind in detention. Finally, the clock hit 3:30 and I hightailed it out of that shithole. Tyler was waiting outside, sitting in the van, talking to Sami on our phone. He must really like that girl. I've never seen her, so I'd have to wait to see her tonight and see if she's worthy of bring Tyler's girl.

We arrived at the house. Kate and Sarah were helping Katia get ready for. I could never understand why it took girls 2-3 hours just to get ready. The others were on the couch. Tyler was on his phone, texting, no doubt, Sami. Caleb and Pogue were in a heated discussion about who should drive and whose car we would be taking. I sighed. Then I heard someone shout my name.

"REID! CAN YOU COME UP HERE?!" Kate and Sarah's voices called.

I headed up the stairs. Caleb's door was closed so I figured that's where they were. I started to open it, but the door immediately shut, locked.