Angel Prince: The Memories (chap 8)

CHAPTER EIGHT: I HAVE TO DO THE RIGHT THING!

It was already seven o'clock in the morning.

She yawned and stretched her arms. She looked like a baby. She looked sideways and when she did not find what she was looking for, her eyes widened and sat up at once. I could hear her fast heart beat from where I was sitting.

"I'm here."

She looked around the room. "Where?"

"Up here."

She looked up and gasped when she saw me flying on top of her. "What are you doing up there?"

I gave her an amusing smile as an answer. I folded my wings and landed beside the bed. "You have to go back to the maid's quarter and make some preparations."

"Oh, yeah... I still have to clean Princess Ashley's room," she answered glumly. "And I also have to help Shari in cleaning the -"

She was saying too much so I had to put a hand on her mouth. "You're not going to clean anything today." Her brows furrowed. "My father wants to talk to you. He has questions that only you could answer."

When she nodded, I removed my hand and allowed her to speak. "Questions? About what, Justin?"

"About - about..."

"About?"

Huh. I remembered what happened last night. When the demons arrived... when the demons attacked us... when Ashtar tried to kill Quincy.

"Justin?"

"Quincy, when the demons arrived here last night... they said something... weird." I swallowed the lump in my throat. "One of the demons said that... that... that you are the one who told them about the servatrix and the ritual."

She gasped and put her hands on her mouth. She was terrified. Her hands were trembling and so were her knees. Maybe she remembered the time when Ashtar attacked her. I should not have told her. I should have let my father handle this problem.

"It's alright, Quincy." I stepped closer to her but she backed away. "I don't believe the demons. I know you would not betray us. Ashtar is dead so you do not have to be terrified too. He could never hurt you again."

Then she cried. Did I say something wrong? I said I trust her. I assured her that Ashtar was dead! Maybe they were just tears of joy...

"Don't cry..."

"It was me..." she sobbed.

"W-what?"

"The demon is not lying..."

I backed away from her. "What do you mean?"

"I told Kira about Ely... and the ritual..."

"You are lying..."

"I wish I am..." She wiped away her tears and darted towards the door.

"Qui -" She shut the door forcefully before I could even finish calling her name. She was lying to me, I told myself helplessly. She was just lying! She would never do that to me!

* * *

Athrun, father and I waited for Quincy at the great hall in silence. No one dared to speak nor moved from their position. Father was standing at the center while Athrun and I were leaning on the wall just beside the door. The two of us looked like father's bodyguards.

Ashley wanted to be here too but father insisted that she, together with my mother and Yelena, should stay outside the castle and gather more information about Ely and Ethan's location. It was only Ashley and Yelena who did not know anything about Ashtar and Kira. They thought no one died.