Prologue

I never thought that I could meet someone so perfect. Someone so goddess-like that it felt too good to be true.. But when the torture began, I realized that it was too horrific to be true.

She was every guy's dream girl- with brown hair and blue eyes. I was taller than her by a few inches, and she came to rest her head directly under my chin, as if she was meant to be there. Her smile flashed so brightly that sometimes I thought I had seen the light of Heaven and was getting taken away by an Angel. When she walked into a room, all eyes were on her. She could capture attention like no one else could with her twinkling laugh and firecracker personality. I never understood why she wanted me- an average looking guy with an okay personality. I was The Shadow; no one ever saw me but I was always just there.

And when this girl started paying attention to me as if I was the best looking boy she had ever seen, I was confused. At first, I believed it was some horrible joke. That someone was going to finally slip and mention to me that this was just a prank and it was time for me to go back to being overlooked. But when she kept coming around, sitting with me at lunch, walking with me to my classes, and holding my hand possessively, I allowed myself to believe that this was the fairy tale that usually only happened in a girl's mind.

After I ended up being chained in her basement, however, I knew what this really was. It was a terrible nightmare. And I was going to be tortured by this beautiful maniac until I broke. And hopefully that would be soon, because I can't handle this anymore..