Chapter 21

Chapter 21- Ella’s POV

I got home at around 4pm and put my bag on the floor, in the kitchen. I made myself a strawberry jam sandwich and ate it while still standing up. Like every day, there was no one at home… only me and my shadow. I stood there, thinking of the weird events that had happened over the course of a few days.

It was around 5pm before I finally made my way upstairs. Apparently time flies when you think about stuff that is messing up your life. Everything is messing up my life, that’s the problem. Edward is the only good thing that has happened to me in a long time, and there he goes and ruins it.

I will get him back, even if it means losing everything. Although I don’t have much to lose, to be honest.

I opened my wardrobe and peered inside. Hmm, what to wear? I needed to look like I didn't make much of an effort, because I didn't want to give Edward the wrong idea. I scanned the items in the wardrobe, focusing mostly on trousers. Jeans or leggings? Jeans it is. Dark blue, the most common colour. I picked a pretty light yellow shirt, which had lace on the sides, and matched a dark grey cardigan with it. And then blue sneakers, which matched perfectly. Then I made my way to the shower.

I finished getting ready at around 6.30pm. There were still thirty minutes to go, so I slumped down on he sofa and turned the tv on. The front door opened soon after, revealing my brother Malcolm. 

"Hello," he said, eyeing me briefly, His eyes stopped on my clothing. "Still haven't changed out of your school outfit?" he said as he closed the door.

I shook my head. "No, I'm going out."

Malcolm raised an eyebrow, stopping in front of me. "Really," he said, clearly not amused. "Where to?"

I shrugged. "Just meeting a friend." 

"Want me to drive you?" He sat down next to me. I stood up by instinct. 

"No, it's okay. It's not that far." 

"You sure?"

"Yep. I'll be leaving now." I picked up my bag from the sofa and started walking to the door. As soon as I put my hand on the lock, I heard my brother's voice. He was standing right behind me. His breath on my neck gave me shivers, and his words gave me the creeps. 

"If you're sneaking out to see that teacher of yours, I'll make sure he doesn't live to see another day." 

I put on a brave face and turned around to face him. He was actually threatening to hurt Edward. "Why would I sneak out to see a teacher when I already see too much of him at school? Whatever you're thinking is wrong. He's not interested in me and I am not interested in him." 

Hey, I'm starting to become such a liar. 

"You're not gonna fool me sis. I hope you're not going to see him tonight. I'm going to do all I can to make him stay away from you." Malcolm's eyes were cold and distant. A very uneasy feeling started settling on my stomach, but I tried to ease it away.

"I'm going to drive you to school every day, and pick you up whenever I can," my brother announced.

My mouth dropped open. "Seriously?"

He grinned. "Why, something wrong with that?"

"Apart from you treating me like a six year old, nothing," I muttered. I turned around once again and opened the front door. I stepped out without closing it behind me, and walked away hurriedly.