Meeting him was fate, loving him was another story..

** This chapter is dedicated to my beautiful sister, Paige. She passed away on August 8th, 2011. She died by her own hand and a metal gun. This is for all of you to learn, suicide isn’t the answer. Please, go tell your brothers and sisters that you love them for me…I never got my last goodbye. In honor of Paige Marie Edwards, January 15th, 1991 – August 8th, 2011. I love you forever and always, big sister.**

Haley and James just stood there, staring at each other. It was as if nothing else mattered. It was just him and her.

They didn’t notice the crowd of other players that began to form behind James or the cruel jokes being made about them. They didn’t care. Everything else was just a small blur of colors.

Haley showed a breath taking smile, breaking James from his minor trance. He held out his hand. “It’s nice to meet you, Haley.”

When she took his hand, Haley instantly regretted it. Tingles pulsated through her body and it felt as though her hand was on fire. But it was a good burning feeling.

She loved his touch.

Somewhere in the midst of her own thoughts, she found her voice. Haley was embarrassed that she still hadn’t answered him yet, he probably thinks that she’s a freak. “It’s nice to meet you too, James.”

James closed his eyes; Haley’s voice was angelic to him. He had never heard anything so sweet in his life. He stepped aside to let Haley and Kris in.

Kris sent him a glare, silently warning James to stay away from his sister. But James wasn’t even close to paying attention to him; his eyes were on Cath-Haley. Kris grumbled to himself, but plastered a fake smile on for the guys anyways.

Haley sat down where the only left open seat was. She glanced over at a blonde haired, blue eyed man that sat next to her. He was gorgeous, no doubt, with his chiseled features and rock-hard stature. He smiled lightly at her. “I’m Jordan.”

“Haley.” She grinned back as she slumped further into the love seat, suddenly comfortable with this large man.

Jordan and Haley continued to tell each other about themselves, occasionally sharing a laugh together. Haley figured out that Jordan was a giant teddy bear. He was like the best guy friend she never had.

Jordan had lost track of how long he had been talking to Haley; she was a lot of fun to be around. She resembled what Jordan had always wanted in a sister, if he ever got blessed with one. Being a younger Staal, she gave him something to protect and watch over.

Haley glanced around the room. Most of the boys were busy playing NHL 11, except one boy in particular. James was staring directly at her.

At this point, James didn’t care who was looking or who saw him. All he wanted was to be next to Haley on that love seat, talking it away with her. She was different than the others, she made him feel different. But a good different.

He wanted her.

Kris turned to ask James something, making him aware that James was, in fact, still staring at his baby sister. Why did he bring Haley here? He should’ve known that it wasn’t a good idea, Haley’s gorgeous. He should’ve known better than to bring his baby sister into the player-grips of hockey players. Especially James. The kid has some problems with keeping it in his pants…

What had Kris got Haley into?