Chapter 22- Return to Rebel Camp

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THAT VOTE BUTTON! THANKS!***

CHAPTER 22- RETURN TO REBEL CAMP

Camp Fiorden
The Camp of Centaurs
Aether

-Princess Sage-

The High King stood outside our tent as he spoke to the leader of the centaurs. Today, they are moving out to head to The Rebel Camp and Alexander and the Centaur King are just hammering some details about the rebellion.

I, on the other hand, stood near our tent flap watching the proceedings thoroughly. I stood far from Alexander for I still can’t get over what happened last night. And at the rush of memories, I felt heat creep into my cheeks.

That moment was just so surreal...

But it was a moment stolen in time. It was something which was not meant to be. He was a King and I’m a nobody. He’s destined for greatness and he’s also bound to a queen that would help him rule the realm. He’s just not found her yet.

All I am is a mistake. And I know that he kissed me because it was one of those spur of the moment things.

Yes, I’ll just keep telling myself that and reminding myself of my duty to Aether so that I’ll forget how perfect his lips felt against mine. And I’ll try to distance myself so I won’t recall how I melted in his arms and how those blue eyes seemed to stare straight into my soul.

I’ll just focus on the mission and hope that l won’t make the same mistake as kissing the High King of Aether again.

“Sage!” Alexander shouted.

My head snapped towards him and I saw that everyone was looking at me. Instantly, I blushed and walked over towards them.

“I apologize. I was preoccupied with my own planning.” I lied. “What is it you want, your highness?” I asked with a bow. I saw annoyance flash across Alexander’s features before he spoke.

“The centaur leader has a very interesting proposition.” Alexander told me.

I turned towards the leader of the centaurs. He rolled open a huge map and began to point at certain parts of it. “These are where we believe Aetherians who have fled the rule of the false king are hiding.”

“The sirens and the naiads are here. The dragons are rumoured to be here. The giants are here.” The centaur king said as he pointed out a clear route.

“And?” I asked.

“We believe that if you took the long way towards the Mountains of Rourke and towards this rebel camp that you are speaking of, you could take this route and seek out allies.”

I nodded to him for it was indeed a very valid suggestion. If we took this route, we could gain more to help our cause. We could slowly build our army to fight King Ferion.

“What do you think, my king?” I asked Alexander. I looked at his collar for I still cannot meet his gaze.

“I think it’s a good plan.”

“Alright. I’ll have some of my warriors accompany you on this quest.”

“No need for that. It’s better if we continue on only the two of us. That way, we could keep up our disguise. If we travel with guards, it’s like we are giving away that we are of importance. If it’s only the two of us, we could carry on under the guise of being travellers.” The High King replied.