Chapter Six

Taylor went after Keith but before he could touch him the sound of a gun clicking caused everyone to stop. One of the unknown men stood next to Taaylor with a gun only inches from his head. "Please, don't!" I begged.

"What's this? Have you fallen for your daddy's partner?!" Keith mocked in my ear. His arm was tightly around my chest making it hard to breath. My eyes stayed on the floor. "Tell the truth now."

When I didn't answer, he pulled a knife from his back pocket and put it up to my neck. I pulled away as much as I could. "Say it."

"Say what?!" I snapped through my teeth. The blade crossed my skin, digging slightly.

"Tell Officer Pierce how you really feel. These might be the last words he'll hear from you." Keith pushed my head down so I was looking right at Taylor. Our eyes locked at that moment. Terror choked down my words. The knife dug into my neck and I felt my skin tear. I let out a blood curdling scream.

"STOP!" Keith stopped when Taylor stepped forward. I watched him through watery eyes. "What if I say it? It means just as much coming from me. Probably a little more."

Keith's breath was on my ear. He pondered Taylor's pressence for a moment before pushing me to the ground. When I looked up at Taylor, he continued to watch Keith behind me. He didn't glance down at me once. "How sweet. It just makes this whole revenge sceme a whole lot more fun." Taylor was knocked down to his knees by the other unfamiliar man. With the gun still pointed at his head, he finally glance at me. The look he gave said goodbye. I shook my head.

"You were just as annoying around the office as your partner. Always getting into my business. If you would have left well enough alone, you may not be in this position. Then again, you may not have got it in with the old man's daughter. She's something else, huh?"

Taylor glared up at him. The smile on Keith's face; I knew Taylor wanted to knock him out. He wanted keith dead. But I feared it wasn't Keith who was going to be dieing tonight. The next moment I was being pulled on the ground by Jaxon. He held both my arms above my head. I struggled and fought but Keith hovered above me, putting weight on my hips so I couldn't kick my way out. "Please, Keith. Don't do this!" I pleaded.

He hushed me. "It gets easier. I promise. I wasn't lying when I said you'll eventually remember everything. You will remember tonight." A needle appeared in his hand. He poked it into my skin and let the drug free. I looked up at Jaxon.

"Jaxon, don't let him do this. We were friends. You have to help me--" My voice trailed off into a small moan. Jaxon's face almost looked guilty. The only sound I could hear was Taylor's voice yelling to stop. Keith's weight lifted off me and I was free of Jaxon's hold. I closed my eyes only to reopen them seconds later. I was on my feet. Lights danced before my eyes and I giggled at them. Then the lights disappeared.

"Let him go," Keith's voice sounded oddly deeper. A pair of hands grabbed my face and turned my head. I stared back into Taylor's green eyes.

"Criss!" His voice was also deeper. Everything around me seemed to slow down like time was stopping. I raised my hand and what felt like hours, placed it on the side of Taylor's face. I smiled at him. His hand was now covering mine. My eyes closed again.

Taylor was back on the floor with a gun shoved back into his head. My body was pressed against the wall and Keith's lips touched my neck. I laughed out loud. The soft touch of his lips felt amazing. I let him brush out lips together before pressing them against his hard. It wasn't a very long kiss before he moved his lips to my ear. He kissed it softly. I turned my head, laughing as he whispered in my ear. Taylor watched from the floor, helpess. Something cold and metal slipped into my hand and I looked down.

A gun.

Keith stepped back and smiled at me. When he turned his back to me, I turned to Taylor. Though he didn't look happy, I giggled at him. The man behind him stepped back. It was just me and Taylor. That's what it felt like. It was just us two in the room. In the whole world. I stared down at him like he has done me many times before.

And then I raised my gun.

My body had a mind of it's own. I couldn't feel my arms. I didn't know I had the gun pointed at his head until my finger touched the trigger, ready to pull it.

"DON'T MOVE!" I could here what was going on around us. Other policemen busted into the house. I could hear the footsteps of Keith, Jaxson and the others running. Gun shots went off. But still, no one stood in that house but me and Taylor.

"Drop the gun Criss!" George's voice warned. I never dropped eye contact with Taylor. He didn't move. He didn't make a run for it. He knelt in front of me, just staring. "Last warning, Criss! Drop the gun!"

George's own gun clicked.

My finger tightened and my ear exploded from the gun fire.

"NOOOOO!"