Part 1

At the beginning of the school year, I met a really annoying person. Technically, the first time we met was before the school year. When you were required to get your textbooks from the school. He was one of the kids on LEAD council that were required to go there and "help" the people get their chrome book and textbooks. The only two textbooks there were math and science. Allison and I were in advanced math so we took the science textbooks and went over there.

I smirked at him. He had to stay there the entire day. Ha ha. I remember the first thing I thought was: haha, sucks to be you! Then I got confused. I had never seen him before in my life. Maybe he was new here...? I didn't even know he had a picture in the yearbook, let alone know his name. Without a word, we handed him the science textbooks. He gave us a confused look.

"No math textbooks?" By then, I was already analyzing his features, Trying to find out what his personality was. I figured he was popular, full of himself, stuck-up, and stupid. Personally, I was wrong. I figured I would never like a boy like him. Anyway. We explained to him about how we were advanced math.

Actually, we just blurted out the fact that I was in Algebra and Allison was in Geometry and the fact that we didn't need these math textbooks. All he talked about was about how he was feeling stupid and about how blah blah blah we were so smart... Meanwhile, in my mind, the romantic part of my mind was opening up. Unfortunately. It started whispering to me.

Look at him. Wouldn't it be SO fun to have a crush on him? He seems cute... He'll love you back...

I started contradicting that side of me. I tried to lock it away. I knew love usually results in heartbreak. It usually results in complications that I didn't want to deal with.

No. He'll just crush my heart into a million pieces. I can't. Just ONE year without a crush. One year without staying up thinking about a boy whispering sweet nothings into my year. I won't even have a chance with him.