Love and Loyalty Run Deeper Than Blood

Rose P.O.V.

Chapter 1

I saw him there and suddenly I got a strength greater than any Strigoi, "NNNNOOOOO!!!!!!!" I yelled as I broke free of my mother and Stan.I grabbed him just as he was about to bite into his neck he grunted as he hit the wall, then next thing I know is I'm on the ground trapped by him and heard Dimitri yell and scream then I turned my head and saw him there with tears running down his beautiful face I said, "I love you," then I felt horrible pain then it stopped right after I closed my eyes.

I opened them to see a dead Strigoi and a sweaty Dimitri looming over me with two fingers on my neck, probably to check my pulse then I was lifted and looked over and saw Dimitri carrying me and I burst into tears. "Shhhhh," He said softly when we got to the exit of the cave my mother ran right up to us.

"Rosemarie Kathrine Hathaway don't ever pull a stunt like that again!" she yelled and then started to tear up, "I thought I'd lost you."

"I'm fine, Mom," I said.

"No you aren't, we need to get her to the infirmary NOW!!" she said to Alberta, Stan, and of course Dimitri. Then, just with my luck, I passed out.

I awoke to the sound of Lissa crying, my mother and Dimitri asking Dr. Olendzki if I was going to be okay. I kept my eyes closed though so they didn't know I was awake. Finally, after Lissa calmed down a bit I opened my eyes, Lissa was first to notice and she shrieked "THANK GOD!!!!" and she ran over to me with sensational speed and hugged me with all she had.

Then, Dimitri asked, "Are you okay Rose."

"I'm fine Comrade." I said, "So, Dr. Olendzki am I fine or what?"

She responded by,"You are fine, but I need to speak to you privately Rose just for a sec. Can everyone please leave, but Rose you can choose one person to stay."

"I choose Liss." I said. Everyone left except Lissa and the look Dimitri gave me said he didn't want to leave my side. But he did reluctantly.

"Rose this is a little awkward for me to ask and most likely for you to hear, but have you been sexually active recently?" she asks. I froze.

That only means one thing, "I'm pregnant?" I whisper. She slowly nods her head and then asks who the father is and I just start crying and say, "No one finds out about this without my permission okay?"

She starts to argue and says, "The father and Alberta need to know and you need to stop training or you could hurt the baby."

"I'll deal with the father and you don't tell anyone till I'm about four months okay. Please and how is it possible I've only slept with a dhampir?"

"It might have something to do with you being shadow-kissed."

"How?" I sob.

She sighs and says, "When Lissa healed you maybe she healed a little too well."

"May we please have some privacy, please?" Lissa asks, as polite as ever.

"Sure."

"Thank you."

After she left Lissa turned to me."Who is the father? Why didn't you tell me?" She asks looking hurt.

"I didn't tell you because I couldn't. 1. There was no time. 2. I couldn't because the father and I aren't supposed to have a relationship. I wanted to tell you and I tried a couple of times, but, then you would be going to meet Christian or Adrian and I knew I couldn't." I say calmly.

"Who is it?"

"Swear you won't say anything? Or freak out." I asked. Looking at her worriedly.

"I swear," She says looking at me with nothing but truth and care in her jade green eyes.

"Dimitri is the father. We are in love." I state proudly yet softly so incase a certain Russian is eavesdropping.

She looks at me shocked, yet extremely happy." OH MY GOD!!!" She shrieks, then envelopes me in a huge hug.

Said Russian decides to rush in at that particular moment. With a worried look on his face.

"What happened," he asks.

"Rose, can I please announce it?" Lissa all but begs me.

"NO!" I say a little too loudly.

"What's going on, Rose," Dimitri asks, casting me a worried look.

"Rose why not? This is amazing! You look like you're about to get a stake through the heart, when you should be jumping for joy," Lissa exclaims right after Dimitri spoke.

"Liss there is much more to it then just that," I say warily.

"Are you worried about what he will say? Rose, he will be thrilled," Lissa says giving me a look that makes me feel like I asked her what color my hair is.

"WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT ROSE!!!" Dimitri shouts. I flinch, his face is immeadetly changes from confusion and frustration to love and concern for me and anger at himself for letting himself snap like that, "Rose, I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap like that. I'm just frustrated that you won't answer any of my questions," he states much more calmly.

"I-I.... I can't," I stutter slowly.