New Species

"What the hell?!" I screamed looking in the mirror.

I saw pure white feathered wings. They were small, but beautiful. I loved them.

"Oh shit. Not again!" I heard Damon's voice as it broke through my thoughts.

"What?"

"I thought they went extinct after your parents." He paused looking at me. "Emma, be careful. Put those pearly white wings away."

"HOW?!"

"Think about them being gone. If that makes sense..."

I thought about having a normal back. I took one more look in the mirror and they were gone. I turned and saw the slits on my shoulder blades were gone, too. My back was still bloody, and my body felt like it'd been burnt. Sore.

"Damon. What do I do? I don't know what happened. I don't know what I am..."

"Emma," he said sternly, calm down. I know what you are. Along with your parents."

I stared at him in shock.

"You're a Guardian."

__________

I arrived at the boarding house once again, but there were more cars in the driveway. Not just Damon's and Stefan's. But, there's a grey Prius, a black Murano, and a red Corola.

I parked my car on the driveway, turning my body to get out of my car. The gravel of the road crunching under my feet. I ran to the front door, not bothering to knock. They wouldn't care.

I walked in, feeling a weird sensation on my fingertips. I turned and saw there was nobody in the front of the house. Hmmm.

"Hell-" I was cut off by a searing pain running through my stomach.

I looked down and saw a point. A stake was sticking from my stomach. I fell backwards, only to push the stake farther in my stomach. I cried out in pain.

"Who is- EMMA!" I heard Damon's voice.

By now, my heart beat was drumming through my ears. The edges of my vision were blurring and I had black spots appear in my vision.

"Shit! Open your mouth Emma." I heard him coo into my ear. I obeyed and heard the tearing of skin.

Damon but his wrist and held the bloodied wrist to my mouth. I tasted the coppery liquid. It was warm and thick.

Blood. Damon fed me his blood.

Blackness filled my vision.

_______________

I heard faint arguments in the background of the small noises filling my ears.

My eyes shot open. The soft feeling of silk covered my skin. I wasn't naked but the bare parts of my body melted into the soft sheets.

Whose bed is this? Answer: Damon's.

"Good. You're awake." I heard the annoyance in a female voice.

I turned to the side and saw Elena sitting in a chair.

"Elena?"

"Nope. But nice guess." The woman gave me a bone chilling grin.

________________

A/N: I'm so mean. Cliff HANGER! Heeheee. Let me know what you guys think so far! Thanks for voting the story :3